Practice Reports | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Kim had a solid runthru of free: 3Lz/3T; 3S/2t; pop flip; 2A/2T/2lo; 3Lz; 3S; 2A. Interesting there are two 3Sals in program

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Kim had a solid runthru of free: 3Lz/3T; 3S/2t; pop flip; 2A/2T/2lo; 3Lz; 3S; 2A. Interesting there are two 3Sals in program

She was doing 3s in her show programs last season so maybe that's helped with the consistency. Also, are all 3 combos in the 1st half?

Krislite

Medalist
No need to fight it out between Yuna and Mao/Miki.

Tom Z just said that Rachael has the BEST SP of any of the skaters. So after she wins the SP, the competition this year in Rachael's own words "is wide open." :think:

From the site we can't link here.

Well, it's telling Tom didn't mention Rachael's LP. I do like her SP, but I'm not sure if it's mostly the music because it is pretty powerful and emotional on its own.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
From what I could see from my perspective Asada tried 4 triple Axels in her practice, perhaps one was clean. Even more impressive, did 3Sal.

Krislite

Medalist

So Blades has indeed seen her programs before. (That jump layout is exactly as he/she described it.)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
So Tomas says that the ice on the practice rink is completely different from that on the main rink where only the Russians are allowed. He doesn't like the practice rink and is anxious to try the big rink.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Getting info from Twitter......but seriously dying for clips of Yu-na's LP. I'm envious of those present in Moscow. When do you think clips will come up on YT?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
So Tomas says that the ice on the practice rink is completely different from that on the main rink where only the Russians are allowed. He doesn't like the practice rink and is anxious to try the big rink.

Yes but he likes the competition ice better, so hopefully that bodes well for a men's SP event where the splats are kept to a minimum.

jiggs

On the Ice
Would love to see some clips of Carolina too... but I guess we will only get to see Yuna and Mao over the next couple of days...

janetfan

Match Penalty

What difference does it make if that is true? The Russian Men and Ladies are NON-contenders.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
A new style for Yuna, love the music selection and think she expresses it well, she singled a flip attempt, but otherwise landed everything.

OK Universal Sports, video please.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
what.....................

OK, Brenda Irving of CBC twitted yesterday that Chan practised in the main rink with Bradley and Reynolds. Maybe Tomas meant something else, that it's just his experience on a certain day? He must have experienced the main rink to know it was softer and that he much preferred it.