Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    So Tomas says that the ice on the practice rink is completely different from that on the main rink where only the Russians are allowed. He doesn't like the practice rink and is anxious to try the big rink.
    Yes but he likes the competition ice better, so hopefully that bodes well for a men's SP event where the splats are kept to a minimum.

Custom Title
    Would love to see some clips of Carolina too... but I guess we will only get to see Yuna and Mao over the next couple of days...

So Tomas says that the ice on the practice rink is completely different from that on the main rink where only the Russians are allowed. He doesn't like the practice rink and is anxious to try the big rink.
    What difference does it make if that is true? The Russian Men and Ladies are NON-contenders.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    what.....................

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    A new style for Yuna, love the music selection and think she expresses it well, she singled a flip attempt, but otherwise landed everything.

OK Universal Sports, video please.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    what.....................
    OK, Brenda Irving of CBC twitted yesterday that Chan practised in the main rink with Bradley and Reynolds. Maybe Tomas meant something else, that it's just his experience on a certain day? He must have experienced the main rink to know it was softer and that he much preferred it.

Quote Originally Posted by 22skates View Post
    Youtube says the video is still being processed.

In any case, with only one popped jump in two run-through's in the first two practice sessions, she's definitely looking really good.

Very nice skate from YuNa.

Quote Originally Posted by 22skates View Post
    It's not available in my country.

Mao is looking great too. I think the ladies competition is going to be fierce, so much talent.

Custom Title
    The worst thing is that ever since last year when I knew Yu Na is going to do Arirang LP, I've listened to this version of Arirang too many times and in love with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-OUt3IFlzk

Now her LP music is disappointing.

I like the music cut much better than Giselle. She did skip a bit of choreography after the popped flip, but other than that it's beautiful.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    The worst thing is that ever since last year when I knew Yu Na is going to do Arirang LP, I've listened to this version of Arirang too many times and in love with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-OUt3IFlzk

Now her LP music is disappointing.
    Maybe it'll be magic once after after you see her skate to it?

Anyways, she announced that Arirang would be a cut in her LP (though the main cut) along w/other Korean folk songs which she cleverly integrated into the step sequence imo :3

Custom Title
    SkateCanada twitted that Patrick Chan and Kevin Reynolds were both strong in practice today.

I hope Kevin regains his form even if he has to cut down his quads. Just land what you do, kiddo!

Go Patrick! Go Kevin!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast