Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports

Wow yuna's jumps are still so consistent. LP seems boring too tho, but it's nice and beautiful music.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    So Tomas says that the ice on the practice rink is completely different from that on the main rink where only the Russians are allowed. He doesn't like the practice rink and is anxious to try the big rink.
    To get this straight, cause I think I ll folllow Buttercup, it is really misdleading to comment this stuff out of nowhere , be it the special ice or the special schedule fro Russians, listen to interview carefully first. I m really tired that before the competition has even started I read stupidities.
    Have you ever been to an ISU championship? Like any other ISU championship the program of practices is posted everywhere from the day the Championships start officially and they usually skate in intervals between main and practice according to the day and discipline. The moment the skaters get accredited they ALL follow the same schedule which for Worlds 2011 is this
    http://www.isuworlds2011.com/WC_2011...meSchedule.pdf and there you can see the main rink and practice rink schedule which is the same for ALL.

Tomas is talking about the days before the official date, his video is from Monday 25/4 and the official program started 24/4, before Sunday he wouldnt practice in official rink anyway, he was there a week before and then obviously he couldnt skate in the main rink, if skaters arrive earlier than official date they find a rink to practice but once they get to the competition they all follow the same practice program Russians and Coco Islands skaters have the same practices.
    Last edited by seniorita; 04-26-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    Wow yuna's jumps are still so consistent. LP seems boring too tho, but it's nice and beautiful music.
    She missed a bit of choreography after the popped 3flip, skipped one spin and aborted another. And the video is blurry. But I kinda like it. People felt the same way at first about her Gershwin program, but that didn't stop her from winning the Olympics.

Mashimaro on Ice
    From the looks of it, I think I'll like this program more than Gershwin. I found Gershwin a bit too expected but her new LP seems more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ...they all follow the same practice program Russians and Coco Islands skaters have the same practices.
    I looked it up. The Cocos Islands are in the Indian Ocean and are a territory of Australia. They have two seasons, rainy and typhoon.

I am going to move there so I can see Worlds on TV for free.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^hahaaa :DDD , but what season is this now they have, the typhoon?

It sounds cool to watch Wolrds under a coconut instead of being glued to pc screen with a bad feed

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I looked it up. The Cocos Islands are in the Indian Ocean and are a territory of Australia. They have two seasons, rainy and typhoon.
    I have been told LA has 4 seasons: Flood, Fire, Earthquake, and Riot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Very nice skate from YuNa.

Indeed. Great new LP from Yuna.

Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Yuna's free skate is beautiful!.
    Good. Now I want a clip...

Mao's and Kanako's jumps here
    http://unisports.tv/eIOVfM
    The first 3A looks OK, borderline UR, but a good landing. The second one was obviously UR--the unforgiving Amano might even mark that a "<<". She's landing them all, though, and that's a good sign.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Thanks for all the reports and videos everyone!
    Getting so excited!!

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    The first 3A looks OK, borderline UR, but a good landing. The second one was obviously UR--the unforgiving Amano might even mark that a "<<". She's landing them all, though, and that's a good sign.
    Huh? I don't see a big difference between the two. Shin Amano was on the panel last year and he ratified one of Mao's 3A in the LP and I think her 3As now are better than the ones she did back then.

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Huh? I don't see a big difference between the two. Shin Amano was on the panel last year and he ratified one of Mao's 3A in the LP and I think her 3As now are better than the ones she did back then.
    Well, from the video the second one seemed it was landed forward. But again, it's not my view that counts--it's Amano's. He's downgraded more of Mao's 3A than ratified them.

Custom Title
    From what the clip shows Yuna's lp is not that great, I like Mao's better. Maybe the best part was missing. We'll see.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Doubt it. Probably practicing her FS. At Euros she did 2a-3t and 3f so my guess is she is adding a 3lz in replacement of one of her 3lo which seem to be giving her trouble as of late.
    Apparently she won't do the lutz..she said that in an interview! She is trying it since europeans but she is not going to put it this year. Instead of the second loop I would like her to put another flip but I think she is going to keep the layout she used at europeans (but in the short she will do the flip as her solo jump)
    I'm happy to hear that she is having good practices!

Custom Title
    BrendaIrvingCBC Brenda Irving:
    Just spoke with Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir-said their Free Dance is their most demanding+creative ever. Saw it today in practise-scary good!
    12 hours ago

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast