Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    From what the clip shows Yuna's lp is not that great, I like Mao's better. Maybe the best part was missing. We'll see.
    Well, to be fair, Yu-Na clearly left out some choreography during her practice run-through. I'm really loving the music though, especially during the ending with the spirals.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^evangeline, it was Easter, do lambs instead of goats count? I did my share in sacrificing for Dai, I ate too much Lamb, I hope it helped!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ^evangeline, it was Easter, do lambs instead of goats count? I did my share in sacrificing for Dai, I ate too much Lamb, I hope it helped!
    I am sure Daisuke (and the skategods) love and appreciate all animals

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^Good, I didnt want all the cholesterol I developed this weekend to go in vain

Where are the practice reports/videos of the US ladies?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Where are the practice reports/videos of the US ladies?
    I read somewhere that Alissa will only arrive to Moscow on Wednesday. This is probably true since she wasn't at her practice today. People who post comments from practices never mentioned Rachael either.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I read somewhere that Alissa will only arrive to Moscow on Wednesday. This is probably true since she wasn't at her practice today. People who post comments from practices never mentioned Rachael either.
    Wow, so she's only getting one day of practice at the rink?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oh, wah. It says I can't get those clips of Yuna and Mao in this country. But so glad to hear that both are looking strong. Impressive from Yuna. I wonder how free she'll be when she actually performs. One thing that was so impressive about her Olympic skates is that she didn't really look tight despite all the pressure. But she had been competing all season. Strange that we'll only get to see her programs once this season. Maybe all her touring will help with her performance level.
    Impressive to hear about Miki's triple triples too! I would definitely call her the front-runner for gold at this point although not an overwhelming favorite.
    Thanks for the reports everyone!

Wow, so she's only getting one day of practice at the rink?
    yeah, I had the same thought. She used that strategy at nationals and it worked. But this time there is jetlag to consider. Is Rachael already there?

Custom Title
    I think i like the long better than the short. Right now I can't see masterpiece like Brian spoke of but you can't really say until the actual competition. I thought it was a nice skate from Yu na. Her jumps when completed look so easy. I'm glad she's not doing Michelle's inside out spiral. This spiral looks much better and stretched. She did stop so it's more missing choreo missing. She will amp it up when it's showtime so I can't wait.

Custom Title
    I am a little dissapointed about Yuna's long, of course its beatiful and all stuffs but its the same for me, quite weird but i remember last year program to have more and better transitions beofre the elements, and also her layout its quite bizarre her 2-3toe is high and nice and she can get +2 on it, why the change to a 3sal, but well I am now rotting more for Mao's programme, since she made some changes at 4CC her liebestraum is amazing, but of course i hope both of them skate to their fully potential

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    I am a little dissapointed about Yuna's long, of course its beatiful and all stuffs but its the same for me, quite weird but i remember last year program to have more and better transitions beofre the elements, and also her layout its quite bizarre her 2-3toe is high and nice and she can get +2 on it, why the change to a 3sal, but well I am now rotting more for Mao's programme, since she made some changes at 4CC her liebestraum is amazing, but of course i hope both of them skate to their fully potential
    She can't do her 2A+3T due to the rule changes that restrict her to only 2 2A's (last year, she had 3 2A's); well that and it's only a practice skate... and she said in an interview afterwards she was nervous, first time unveiling it to the public. Though honestly, I'm am worried about her tech case and if it'll be strong enough to compete w/the frontrunners, Miki and Mao >.<

Custom Title
    deleted

Yuna had to drop her majestic 2A+3T and replace it with 3S+2T due to the ISU rule changes (which in my opinion was designed to close the gap between Yuna and other skaters). It's a loss to the figure skating world that we don't get to see the world's best 2A+3T combo, but you can thank the ISU for that. But at the same time, I *really* love 3S+2T in this new program. It's very subtle and smooth, and fits nicely with the choreography.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    Limits on the number of double axels to two in the long program means she had to give up one of her double axel combos. Her team chose to omit the 2A+3T combo. Better to repeat a higher valued triple---the triple salchow.

Now if she fixed her triple loop it wouldn't be a problem. I think the rule change was meant to encourage this, but in Yuna's case she didn't think it was worth it.
    Last edited by Krislite; 04-26-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    BrendaIrvingCBC Brenda Irving:
    Just spoke with Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir-said their Free Dance is their most demanding+creative ever. Saw it today in practise-scary good!
    12 hours ago
    Great to hear this very encouraging comment. I can't wait (like all their other fans) to see this "scary good" FD. I want to see them "rock it" all the way to the top of the podium.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast