Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: Preliminary Round Ladies

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Surprised to see Kwak that low (like everyone else lol).
    Maybe we should send her to Yuka and Jason?

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Even Yu-Na looks quite rough in competition form. Not only her trademark 3Lz/3T looks smaller, less secure, the most concerning part is she seemed to lose touch with her ability to connect with the audience. Many people felt her Giselle SP bored them to tears and the choreography was shockingly simple and uninteresting. It feels as though she only started to skate to this program 2 months ago. Because Yu-Na begins with a lower base mark in her FS compared to other top ladies, she needs a big score from her SP to compensate.

    If Yu-Na also fails to deliver, we will have at least two data points to back up that leaving Orser turns out to be costly mistake to Team South Korea.
    I don't really think you can expect connection with the audience in a practice run-through. Plus, Yu Na is known for being a skater who doesn't really come alive until the competition.

    ETA: Note Tarasova's comments at around 5:24. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUbSgPsyNGQ
    Peggy has said the same thing.
    Last edited by jenaj; 04-26-2011 at 02:04 PM.

  3. #33
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    So sad Kwak didn't make it.

  4. #34
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Yes, and you were able to reach such sweeping conclusions from a single practice session. Very well.
    What's a little disturbing about those comments is that wallylutz is an ISU judge. He's been saying all this time before the practice that Yuna will bomb. Now that she's landed her jumps he's saying instead that her jumps have less power and flow. I don't know if he's just determined to see something negative but if it is reflective of how other judges also feel, I do wonder why (and worry). I mean we haven't seen her compete or skate all season long. Why draw such strong, negative conclusions over so little evidence?

  5. #35
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brian Orser is now my favorite Canadian, after Ike.
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    What's a little disturbing about those comments is that wallylutz is an ISU judge. He's been saying all this time before the practice that Yuna will bomb. Now that she's landed her jumps he's saying instead that her jumps have less power and flow. I don't know if he's just determined to see something negative but if it is reflective of how other judges also feel, I do wonder why (and worry). I mean we haven't seen her compete or skate all season long. Why draw such strong, negative conclusions over so little evidence?
    Question for Wally: Are you a judge at the WFSC?

  6. #36
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    When she first moved to Senior last year, she also switched coach and went to train with Yu-Na in Toronto under Brian Orser. That's when she had some breakthrough performances. After Kim and Orser split, Kwak too decided to leave Orser without any explanation. Ever since, she struggled through almost every single competition.

    Even Yu-Na looks quite rough in competition form. Not only her trademark 3Lz/3T looks smaller, less secure, the most concerning part is she seemed to lose touch with her ability to connect with the audience. Many people felt her Giselle SP bored them to tears and the choreography was shockingly simple and uninteresting. It feels as though she only started to skate to this program 2 months ago. Because Yu-Na begins with a lower base mark in her FS compared to other top ladies, she needs a big score from her SP to compensate.

    If Yu-Na also fails to deliver, we will have at least two data points to back up that leaving Orser turns out to be costly mistake to Team South Korea.
    to be fair as what silverlake pointed out, Kwak had a good season last year without even a coach. And this year she finished at the podium in asian games and finished within the top 10.

    I smell so much bitterness from your post. This year's worlds hasn't even started.

  7. #37
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Enough about Kwak. Keep your eyes on Mette moving into the SP and then into the LP. If she keeps it cool and consistent she may be in the top 5 at the conclusion.

  8. #38
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    I smell so much bitterness from your post. This year's worlds hasn't even started.
    Worlds has started and is already over for Kwak.
    I didn't see it but every skater has an off day. For all we know she was skating with an injury or a cold, etc.

    She is a nice skater and will be back next season.

  9. #39
    GoldExpress reynycpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Manhattan Valley, NY
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Keep your eyes on Mette moving into the SP and then into the LP. If she keeps it cool and consistent she may be in the top 5 at the conclusion.
    Bold statement, but I like!

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Enough about Kwak. Keep your eyes on Mette moving into the SP and then into the LP. If she keeps it cool and consistent she may be in the top 5 at the conclusion.
    Top 5 isn't gonna happen in this deep field, I'm afriad, her PCS are usually low. Top 10 is possible though.

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    When she first moved to Senior last year, she also switched coach and went to train with Yu-Na in Toronto under Brian Orser. That's when she had some breakthrough performances. After Kim and Orser split, Kwak too decided to leave Orser without any explanation. Ever since, she struggled through almost every single competition.

    Even Yu-Na looks quite rough in competition form. Not only her trademark 3Lz/3T looks smaller, less secure, the most concerning part is she seemed to lose touch with her ability to connect with the audience. Many people felt her Giselle SP bored them to tears and the choreography was shockingly simple and uninteresting. It feels as though she only started to skate to this program 2 months ago. Because Yu-Na begins with a lower base mark in her FS compared to other top ladies, she needs a big score from her SP to compensate.

    If Yu-Na also fails to deliver, we will have at least two data points to back up that leaving Orser turns out to be costly mistake to Team South Korea.
    What a silly post! These are not even dress rehearsal. The ability you mentioned she had had before she met Orser. Her jumps, too.
    Last edited by cosmos; 04-26-2011 at 11:54 PM.

  12. #42
    Long live the Queen! YunaBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    444
    ignore Wallylutz. I used to respect him for his technical expertise, but with that one post, he lost every credibility. By all accounts, Yuna's jumps look better than ever, and her new SP and LP continue to be truly inspiring artistic feats on ice, if not even exceeding her previous programs.

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    235
    And with that post you've lost your credibility as well. Those Yu-Na programs are as generic as can be. I hope they look better in the actual competition.

  14. #44
    Long live the Queen! YunaBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    444
    You think they look "generic," I think they are SUBLIME. To each his own. But it is so obvious that wallylutz has a persona agenda - I rather have him say straight that he is upset that Orser is no longer the coach (as if Orser had a RIGHT to coach Yuna forever...), instead of making utterly frivolous claims like she has lost "her ability to connect with the audience", when this was a practice session and there were no audiences to begin with.

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    235
    You think they are SUBLIME, Wallylutz thinks they're not all that. To each his own. But it is so obvious that you have a persona agenda - I rather have you say straight that you'll find SUBLIME anything she does instead of making utterly frivolous claims like "her new SP and LP continue to be truly inspiring artistic feats on ice", when those are clearly watered down programs intended to be just a practice session.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •