Thread: Preliminary round ice dance

Custom Title

Preliminary round ice dance

This segment is completed and was totally...ignored:

Results:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/SEG003.HTM

The good news for the Canadian fans is that Weaver / Poje managed to have their best FD score of the season, besting their previous results.
    Defeating the germans is comforting for a potential top 10 finish for them.

Custom Title
    I'll point out that Z/G were only four points behind W/P - and that was thanks to their higher levels (BV of 40 points compared to W/P's 38.5) and that's WITH a fall for Z/G.

Custom Title
    I expect W/P PCS to be higher in the actual competition. They skated clean and that will give them confidence for the competition

Custom Title
    Good for W/P! I was hoping that they'd win the qualifier. That should boost their confidence going into the actual competition. I really do think that they can finish in the top ten...they were 5th at the GP final, after all...the only real difference between then and now is the addition of V/M, so I think that W/P can definately pull it off.

Rinkside
    Finally, my internet connection is fast enough for also posting at GS Forum:

What a great start into the competition for W/P and Z/G, and both with chances to do even better on Saturday. Somehow, I have a soft spot for skaters who do not get the full support from their federation and/or the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by Paihia View Post
    Finally, my internet connection is fast enough for also posting at GS Forum.
    Yay! Post often, post long!

Custom Title
    I've just read that W/P had a mistake on a lift (the one that was scored as level 2). Apparently Kaitlyn was supposed to grab her blade, but she missed. I guess that explains why they didn't win by a greater margin. A mistake like that probably cost them several points. The Germas' mistake was on a transition, not an element, so they only lost the one point.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Thanks for the results.
    I'm glad the Spanish team qualified! I hope we get a free feed online where we can see all the competitors.
    *keeping my fingers crossed*

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I've just read that W/P had a mistake on a lift (the one that was scored as level 2). Apparently Kaitlyn was supposed to grab her blade, but she missed. I guess that explains why they didn't win by a greater margin. A mistake like that probably cost them several points. The Germas' mistake was on a transition, not an element, so they only lost the one point.
    She did that at Skate America as well. I do think a cleaner skate would score 92ish, which is pretty great for them.

Custom Title
    Officials Prelim Round - Ref (Coton-GBR), TC (Leaver-USA), TS (Higashino-JPN), TS (Ponomarenko-RUS) Panel - Alperin (ISR), Heidler (AUT), Stahnke (GER), Laur (EST), Clark (CAN), Kato (JPN), Hurth (FRA), Misurec (CZE), Langton (AUS)