Men's Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Was this statement really necessary?

I didn't like Shipov either. The program was badly constructed and not well executed. Nothing to do with country.

I agree and it's nothing to do with country either. I actually thought he was from Belarus at first.

Boy, that Mischa Ge is really something. What, I'm not sure. An elf?

Memo to Rachael Flatt: if you're going to do cutesy jazz programs, go all the way. This guy was more fun than her in his weird way.

Memo to Ge: don't do any more cutesy jazz programs.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Misha Ge

Red, Black and White Checkboard, Neon Chartreuse Scarf, Sparkly Gloves. Okay, what's going on? :)

Step out on opening 3F (might be under-rotated), 3Lz+3T (3T might be under-rotated as well). Just doesn't get enough height sometimes to complete the jumps. Okay 2A. A playful but a bit too childish of an interpretation to the Broadway-styled music. A lot of frantic arms to the frantic music to disguise his actual frantic-ness.

SP: 49.61.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Misha GE (UZB)

Music: Capone by Ronan Hardiman
SB: 58.60

3F - stepout, "e"
3Lz+3T - twofooted, maybe UR
CSSp
2A
CCoSp
SlSt
FCSp

He's got a lot personality on the ice...

Score: 49.61 and into 11th

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Jorik Hendrickx

Completed 3Lz+3T. Three turn coming out of 3Lo. Spread eagle into a simple 2A. I'm not going to comment on the artistry, because as far as I can tell, there wasn't any. For an acoustic version to Feeling Good, where's the feeling good part? Don't skate to a song originally by Nina Simone if you have no soul to it. Skating to nothing there... Yawn...

SP: 60.74

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jorik HENDRICKX (BEL)

Music: Feeling Good by Michael Buble
SB: 60.81

3Lz+3T - landed, but without much speed
3Lo - turn on landing
CSSp
2A - spread eagle entrance
CiSt
CCoSp
FCSp

Score: 60.74 and into 7th

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

LOL I'm very sleepy; you're not the person I was thinking of. Sorry. I recall a poster with a name similar to yours who was always bashing one of the dance teams from Israel. I actually agreed with them about that team not deserving to win Bronze in 2002 but they brought it up in seemingly every dance thread I read. I was trying to make an inside joke but I guess it's irrelevant since you're not them.

bibi24

Final Flight
lol i'm very sleepy; you're not the person i was thinking of. Sorry. I recall a poster with a name similar to yours who was always bashing one of the dance teams from israel. I actually agreed with them about that team not deserving to win bronze in 2002 but they brought it up in seemingly every dance thread i read. I was trying to make an inside joke but i guess it's irrelevant since you're not them.

rolf.