Men's Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

Pretty bad skate for Majorov but he looks very talented. I love his speed and he has lots of personality. I hope he keeps at it and develops. He could even make me like skating-jazz, the style suits him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My (admittedly simplistic) point was they scored 70.40, 70.45, 70.54 respectively.

Sorry didn't mean to be harsh! I guess my take is that I'm not that surprised they're so close. I think without the Natl's glow, they're pretty even in the eyes of the judges, I guess maybe I thought Richard would pull out a little higher, but eh.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Alexander Majorov

Some Austin Powers groove, but not confident in the placement of the head and the arms for the comedy. An awkward landing on the 3A. Horribly popped 1Lz+1T. A good 3F. Good flying moves into the final spin, but a pretty slow spin. The performance, however, didn't project fun out to the crowd and it was actually kind of a downer at how insular the moves were. Even he was dejected at the end of the skate.

SP: 54.24

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexander MAJOROV (SWE)

Music: Austin Powers (soundtrack)
SB: 67.12

3A - almost fall, hand down, maybe UR
1Lz+1T - oh no, that will cost
3F
CSSp
SlSt
FCSp
CCoSp

Score: 54.25 and into 15th

Krislite

Medalist
Javier

3A, OK
3F+3T, step-out
3Lz, edge?

This middle group was all trying to be light and funny.

Last edited:
I don't like the program but glad he did well. Is this a half-Chaplin program? What an odd mix. (Sorry, first time seeing it.)

Morozov is turning out to be good for him. Russians obviously think he has the IT factor.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Javier Fernandez

Really like this skater, hope he does well. A purple jacket, green shirt, and pink bowtie. Why not?

Love the different interpretation on the Mambo to Takahashi's. Very clean 3A. A step out on the 3T on the 3F+3T (was worried with the toe pick on the 3F). A completed 3Lz. His ability to project a character is fantastic, though his footwork was a bit static and the ending spin was a bit slow. However, his performance is always warm, quirky, and colorful; here, kind of The Joker doing the Mambo. He is aware of his hand and body lines, and that's rare in skating.

SP: 69.16

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)

Music: Histoire d'un amour + Nu Pogodi (Russian cartoon soundtrack)
SB: 66.74

3A - good
3F+3T - stepout
3Lz
FSSp
CCoSp
CiSt
CCSp

Score: 69.16, SB and into 5th

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Solids perf from Javier save the step out on the combo. He now has the highest PCS of the night!