Men's Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Florent Amodio

Good run-out from 3A. Good 3Lz+3T and 3F. First half of the program could be more choreographically interesting than just jumps and a spin. Strong footwork, though it gets a little sloppy near the end. It was solid technical display, so it will score high, but I wasn't moved by his interpretation of the music. Will score high.

SP: 77.64

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Florent AMODIO (FRA)

Music: Once Upon a Time in Mexico by Robert Rodriguez
SB: 78.11

3A - good
3Lz+3T
3F - ok, but "e"
FCSp
CiSt
CCoSp
CSSp

Clean performance, good for him!

Score: 77.64 and into 1st

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
two once upon a time in mexico one after another....I feel it is not gonna be good thing for Brian pcs...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So that song sounds familiar...where have I heard that before? Hehe...Did Brian not do a combo?

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
plushy's face!!! XD
it's like: "yeah....I start to understand now what transitions are..." <3

edit: ok, sorry, I don't understand anything maybe....Joubert pcs are unexpected only for me?

Last edited:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Brian Joubert

Okay, its official. The French are invading Mexico.

A step-out form the 4T. Clean 3A. First spin won't get a high level. Good 3F. No combo, however, and will get a -3 for it. I've actually seen more attack from Joubert in the past, but I think he was going for a clean performance given his shaky short programs this year. A good idea, and it sets him up for the long program, but the lack of a combo will hurt a lot. (Heh, cut to a shot of a worried Plushenko for kicks.)

SP: 71.29