Men's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

Wait, I haven't seen this before. You're telling me these two French guys have been skating to the same music in the same costume all season? Good Lord.

Well, if not for the first combo I prefer Brian's program and I love the quiet, perfect ending. He's more intense and appropriate to the music. But Florent had the youthful fire. Mostly a good job for Brian, but not good enough.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
The French Battle of the "Once Upon a Time In Mexico"!

Brian JOUBERT (FRA)

Music: Once Upon A Time in Mexico
SB: 74.80

4T - stepout, no combo
3A - good
FUSp
3F - ok, but "e"
CCoSp
CiSt
CSSp

Too bad...why didn't he add a combo to his 3F?

Score: 71.29 and into 2nd.

Is he still in medal contetion?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm sad for Brian, but at least he's still in second. At Euros he pulled up in the free anyway. I wonder if Amodio has been getting to him these last two or three years.

Btw is it correct that if Schultheiss isn't in the top 10, Sweden is down to one spot for next year? (due to Majorov not qualifying for the FS)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Ryan Bradley did a successful quad-double.

I thought it might be UR, thus low TES. Doing just a double hurt him too. He had to tack on the second jump after the quad regardless of landing. Well, better than Joubert who missed the second jump completely. Joubert still in 2nd. There was a big gap after Amodio.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
71.29 Not bad considering he didn't do a combo.. PCS helped him this time.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow freak fall from Adrien in footwork and fall in his solo triple. Not a good program. :(

herios

Medalist
Wait, I haven't seen this before. You're telling me these two French guys have been skating to the same music in the same costume all season? Good Lord.

Well, if not for the first combo I prefer Brian's program and I love the quiet, perfect ending. He's more intense and appropriate to the music. But Florent had the youthful fire. Mostly a good job for Brian, but not good enough.

Quite a shame for that quad, because this is Brian's best SP bin his whole career, froma choreographic point of view, the most complex and well packaged.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Joubert missed a required element and is still second?
What a forgiving scoring system.

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I don't believe it. Brian Joubert with and inferior quad and no combo in 2nd place. He is over scored. I doubt it will help him He has consistently choked the last few years.

Oh no, a freak fall for Adrian, 2 in all with the fall on the quad. This isn't a standout program in any case. Shame. He's so talented. Oh man, that score is brutal. Cheer up, Adrian. There's next year to work on!

Wow, Patrick. Was there a single mistake? He was so relaxed - I thought he was going to start doing handsprings at one point!

Last edited:

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice

I preferred Brian's SP the whole season, but this time I liked more Amodio....maybe it's because I just had two coffee and I'm in my extraenergic phase... XD