Men's Short Program | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Uh. 78 for that? Beating Florent and Taka? No way!

ETA: Now that I think about it, yes, he could have beat TAka because of his errors...but not Florent!.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Artur GACHINSKI (RUS)

Music: Selection of music by Pink Floyd
SB: 73.76

4T+3T
3A
3Lo - twofooted
CSSp
CiSt
FCSp
CCoSp

Score: 78.34, new PB and into 3rd

skfan

Final Flight
Well, Unless Chan decides to stay still in the FS with that lead of 13 points I don't think he'll be caught, so is all for the silver medal. Still I go for Dai-kun, I just love him!

i can't see anything so i'm just reading people's play by play. thank you to all who have shared comments. i love dai. i'm very happy he didn't have an obvious slip-up and people said he skated with verve. i will enjoy this performance whenever i get to see it on youtube--that's enough.

i'm not going to fuss the scores. COP isn't worth the aggravation.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Yes, this calls for some PROTOCOL SCRUTINY! A 13 point lead does not make any sense.

I mean if he skated good... but on paper usually the TES are a bit over 32 points, right? so to score 50 points on TES the only thing I can think of is that everything got +2...I really want to see the protocols and the SP.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Russia's best hope for a medal in the men's event. Lots of pressure.

Some Pink Floyd to start it off. Good 4T+3T. Got out the 3A. Very awkward 3Lo landing, but he didn't fall so good fight there (might have caught a divot). Now on to some Great Gigs in the Sky (kinda going in reverse Virtue & Moir). Not sure if the spins work at all with the music, but this is Plushenko-style for sure. Wonder how Plushy feels about it all.

SP: 78.34

Only hope - they only have one guy.

Contesti has lost so much weight - he singled his axel.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Samuel Contesti

Really. No, really. Contesti and Bradley need to have a showmanship showdown. It will be epic.

Good 3Lz+3T, but only able to get a single axel out, awww.... A bit short on the 3F, we'll see if he gets negative GOEs. That backward outside entry on that camel spin sapped the speed right out of it. Okay execution from him, but probably not what he wanted.

SP: 64.59