Men's Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kim Lucine

It's the gimmick glove! And techno Mortal Kombat Phantom of the Opera! Shlock to the max!

Hard fall on the 3A, but a good recovery on the 3F+3T. Not a bad spinner either, really holds his positions. Strong hydroblading. His hair reminds me of Raoul more than the phantom, but whatever. Wish he was faster on the ice, and I don't think he needs so many gimmicks, because his skating is actually better than that.

SP: 58.81

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kim LUCINE (MON)

Music: Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber
SB: 52.56

3A - fall
3F+3T - ok, maybe < on 3T
3Lz - spread eagle entrance
FUSp
CSSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Weird glove...

Score: 58.81, SB and into 10th

skatingfan04

Final Flight
If i'm not mistaken, Joey Russell has qualified for the FS:biggrin: I've been watching him skate for years...so happy that he's made it here!

Oreo

On the Ice
I think Ryan's lack of speed on his spins hurts him. Even so, at this point it's a dead heat between the top four.

CassAgain

On the Ice
Kind of odd that the three Americans have practically the same score. (I know the internals are quite different, but they each add up to the same thing.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Kind of odd that the three Americans have practically the same score. (I know the internals are quite different, but they each add up to the same thing.)

I don't think so. I didn't see Richard or Ross performance. That said, All three in the international judges eyes are about equal as far as "reputation" PCS, though Miner and Dornbush clearly show they had more artistry/speed/non jump elements. But Bradley did complete a 4-2, which helped him edge them as far as TES.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Anton Kovalevski

It's a keyboard with primary-colored notes!

Strange opening since he doesn't have a lot of speed going into the 3A, and it was thus shaky coming out. An okay 3Lz+3T and 3Lo. I'm usually open-minded to a concept, but I don't get it and it's just too frenetic for me to care about whatever he's posing and flailing about. Whackadoodle dandy?

SP: 65.16

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anton KOVALEVSKI (UKR)

Music: Stop Time Rag
SB: 60.05

3A - scratchy landing
3Lz+3T
3Lo - ok, but slow landing
FCSp
SlSt
CCoSp