Thread: Men's LP

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Men's LP

Starting Order

Patrick's first in the final group. Amodio's last.

Banned
    Obviously the gold isnt worth discussing, but the other two medals are interesting. I would like to see Kozuka and Oda get the other 2 medals since neither have won a World medal. However the young Russian or Amodio I wouldnt mind either, as both of those countries could feel comfortable having their next leader and Joubert could happily retire at last, and Plushenko stay retired like he should. I like Takahashi but he doesnt look like as good a skater anymore.

Custom Title
    Does anyone know why the Free skate has been relegated to a Thursday afternoon? Could they not have switched it with the short dance? I guess it's Chan for gold, with Japan getting the other two podium spots.

Custom Title
    I hope the three leading stay in podium position tomorrow,, well we know Chan will win anyways. Oda is soo overdue for a medal and I really hope he has finally learned to count.

I hope the other two spots on the podium go to Takahashi, Joubert, Kozuka, or Oda. I wish there were five medals. lol.

Custom Title
    It is my understanding that the time for ladies and men events was chosen in a way that it will be prime time in Japan.

Custom Title
    Chan is going to win 99% likely. Everything is so close! 4 people have 77 one has 78 and to have low 80's. Joubert and Verner can rise substantially in the standings after long programs. Dornbush has a great score! I think it would be somthing if Gachinksi could outscore Oda and win bronze in front of a russian crowd and Plushenko. It would be torch passing moment. I think Takahashi will move to second. But there are so many contenders for the medals other than gold.

Custom Title
    I have thought Oda would likely continue his Silver medal streak and it looks highly probable. Takahashi's TES has been low and Oda has a much better chance of landing or at least getting more credit for a quad in the LP so Takahashi's PCS may not be enough to put him ahead. Oda is determined now more than ever. If he can't catch Chan, he will aim for the Silver. Takahashi pretty much conceded the Gold and he may not be as motivated for a Silver. Oda is hungrier and is actually more capable and a better skater than Takahashi this season. His record is stronger as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    It is my understanding that the time for ladies and men events was chosen in a way that it will be prime time in Japan.
    Or perhaps the RSFS knows that it is more likely to win podium spots in pairs and dance and are holding those events for Moscow prime time when more people in Moscow can attend.