Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast

Thread: Men's LP

Oohhhhh I hope they do bring back the lof that was hilarious!!

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    Oohhhhh I hope they do bring back the lof that was hilarious!!
    hehe. Yeah, it was. With Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto, too. And Peter Carruthers with all his WOWs and Awesomes! hehe. So cute.

lol and johnny obsessing over ksenia

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    And saying how Patrick Chan was too fake...hehe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I think aftertherain was only talking about the Long Program. BTW, I believe Kozuka deserved to win the LP, but I actually would have put Chan a little bit ahead in PCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Ah, yes! My mistake! I meant in the free skate as I was only comparing free skate scores. Patrick definitely deserved to win overall; I won't discredit that!
    Sorry! I was too tired from lacking of sleep for several days.

I, too, actually would have put Chan's PCS ahead of Kozuka's in LP.

Chan was better in SS even though Kozuka was close. Chan was better in PE clearly. Chan was better in TR definitely. Chan was better in CH in this particular program compared with Kozuka's CH in that particular program. Of course, you can always argue the opposite. It's so subjective. However, the judges chose to give Chan the edge which was all that mattered. I'd give Chan a lead in IN as well. Be honest, Chan's music is easier to interprete than Kozuka's. Chan's interpretation might not be as sophisticate as some of you experienced observers, but Kozuka was in the same category as well. I think Chan did better than Kozuka in the program.

Therefore, yes, Chan's PCS was higher than Kozuka's in LP, rightfully so!

If you like, I think it's possible that we could strip some of Chan's TES in LP from GOEs he's received. So and so Chan could be dethroned from first in LP. That might make some of you happy.

I'm actually very generous on this. You want a slice of cake? Take it (I didn't mean you, Blades and Aftertherain). I'm too happy to be bothered with that one piece of it. With the same reason, I'd cut one piece of cake for Gachinski too.

I'm happy that Canada has an indisputable World Champion! And happy for Patrick Chan!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 04-29-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Kozuka and Dai was still awesome even if the jumps weren't!

And my dad and I went WW3 on each other over Ryan (he dared to say he was boring Does he not know me at all? I mean really insult my most adorable award winner? NO! He must be destroyed! )

I love that my parents have Universal Sports

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    And my dad and I went WW3 on each other over Ryan (he dared to say he was boring Does he not know me at all? I mean really insult my most adorable award winner? NO! He must be destroyed! )

I love that my parents have Universal Sports
    Bradley is really handsome. The more I watch him, the more I think so. Hope he could be accepted in SOI. I'd enjoy that side of him. But to be honest, I've never liked any of his competition programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Bradley is really handsome. The more I watch him, the more I think so. Hope he could be accepted in SOI. I'd enjoy that side of him. But to be honest, I've never liked any of his competition programs.
    Well I don't see Bradley coming back to competition next year. I think he just wanted to do it one more year for the fans and he's a Nat'l champion. I don't think he has anything he really wants to settle next year.

Also he is more suited for SOI. His programs are perfect for that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    It just strikes me he reminds me of Robin Williams somehow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Well I don't see Bradley coming back to competition next year. I think he just wanted to do it one more year for the fans and he's a Nat'l champion. I don't think he has anything he really wants to settle next year.

Also he is more suited for SOI. His programs are perfect for that.
    Bradley does not have enough merits to be a male singles SOI skater, I think.

Medalist
    I really hope Oda won't lose his spot on the World team to Hanyu next season. I find Hanyu a little too juniorish but if Oda keeps making these silly and costly miscalculations, Hanyu may pass him by.

Custom Title
    Oda = and

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Bradley does not have enough merits to be a male singles SOI skater, I think.
    Nationals title, entertaining, has a fan base... problem is there are a bunch of guys currently in the cast and not a one of them looks like they want to quit it, except Kurt, so there is a spot openning up.

I finally watched Bradley's LP today on Universal sports. He was very very slow.. almost as slow as Caroline Zhang. He just lacks the basic skating skills and I didn't enjoy it at all. I think Bradley would make a good pair skater... maybe him and Caroline should pair up?

As for SOI, if I were Scott Hamilton, I would ask Takahashi to join. I used to love Bradley but his poor skating skills really turns me off.

Medalist
    Why would Bradley be more suited to pair skating with those weak skating skills? Good pairs have smooth, powerful stroking.

Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast