Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1040

Thread: Men's LP

  1. #961
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    272
    bibi24, thank you so much. Does it mean you don't have the SP from EuroSport?

  2. #962
    Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    bibi24, thank you so much. Does it mean you don't have the SP from EuroSport?
    I believe that the short program wasn't broadcast live, but maybe it's up somewhere if it was broadcast at all.

  3. #963
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,657
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Just Tracy. No Kurt. I missed kurt.
    Kurt's touring with CSOI right now... but he tweeted some gushing this week about PChiddy.

  4. #964
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Kurt's touring with CSOI right now... but he tweeted some gushing this week about PChiddy.
    He already did his gushing via Skype on CBC broadcast. I think it will show up on Youtube someday when CBC version of Patrick's LP is uploaded.

  5. #965
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,967
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    And Patrick can say, "You want my Axel? Take it! Take the whole thing." He will just keep the gold, thank you very much.
    LOL, Patrick very much deserves his Gold medal. It's separate matter that he was overscored and that CoP needs to drastically change the -GOE grades for elements (the +GOE grades for some elements as well, in addition to the whole other laundry list of changes); I'm sorry if my disappointment over these things makes it seem like I don't respect his achievement. I respect every skater who works hard but when it comes to competitions I want to see the most accurate assessment of the programs possible (and for the quality of the programs and performances to be choreographically/interpretively as high as possible).

  6. #966
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,055
    congratulations to all medal winners.

  7. #967
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    LOL, Patrick very much deserves his Gold medal. It's separate matter that he was overscored and that CoP needs to drastically change the -GOE grades for elements (the +GOE grades for some elements as well, in addition to the whole other laundry list of changes); I'm sorry if my disappointment over these things makes it seem like I don't respect his achievement. I respect every skater who works hard but when it comes to competitions I want to see the most accurate assessment of the programs possible (and for the quality of the programs and performances to be choreographically/interpretively as high as possible).
    You respect every skater who works hard? What about Miki? Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself from saying that.

  8. #968
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,385
    What I don't get is the Oda team. They all knew his history and tendency and, like other teams, they must have, or should have, worked on different scenarios and adjustments. Haven't the possibility of tripling the quad occured to them? That should have been the first consideration as it was the first element, rectification of which should be easier to remember than for something happening closer to the end of the program.

    As it happened, it was game over in the first 1/2 minute. The coaches for an extra 4 minutes than Oda. It's hard for skaters to think in their skates under intense pressure. It's the whole team's responsibility to work on all foreseeable situations in advance, often. Is Oda extra dense or has he never had a team competent and prepared enough?

  9. #969
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429
    Since the computer program or whatever Patrick used to improve his 4T worked magic, why doesn't he use it for his 3A? I just can't understand.

  10. #970
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    Since the computer program or whatever Patrick used to improve his 4T worked magic, why doesn't he use it for his 3A? I just can't understand.
    I think he does. In a live chat with Kurt last year, to back up his claim of Kurt's 3A being among the best, he said that Kurt's and Boitano's 3As were in the Dartfish program. Coach Krall has said that doing 4T actually helps him with 3A and she mentioned before that Chan had interesting techniques going into his 3A and he has been trying to learn the proper technique. It is always harder to unlearn and relearn something than to learn it right the first time. I think there was some implication of Don Laws there Krall tried to not call out.

    Look how hard it has been for Mao to relearn her jump techniques when the old ones had seemingly worked so well for her. I see her as very ambitious and having a long term objective to go through all this.

    Mr. Colson's approach and plan for Patrick has been the foundation of his success. He built a foundation of solid basic skating before adding one jump after another into his arsenals. It's his blade skills that accords him the speed and rhythm into his highly successful 4T with seeming ease. He learned 3A during the time between Mr. Colson and Ms Krall. Actually he met Krall as a special jump coach introduced by Laws, who then resented the two's colaboration.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 04-30-2011 at 05:25 PM.

  11. #971
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,077
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    What I don't get is the Oda team. They all knew his history and tendency and, like other teams, they must have, or should have, worked on different scenarios and adjustments. Haven't the possibility of tripling the quad occured to them?
    +1.

  12. #972
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,385
    ^^^^ and -3 for grammar. Net -2.

  13. #973
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    What I don't get is the Oda team. They all knew his history and tendency and, like other teams, they must have, or should have, worked on different scenarios and adjustments. Haven't the possibility of tripling the quad occured to them?

    [...]

    As it happened, it was game over in the first 1/2 minute. The coaches for an extra 4 minutes than Oda. It's hard for skaters to think in their skates under intense pressure. It's the whole team's responsibility to work on all foreseeable situations in advance, often. Is Oda extra dense or has he never had a team competent and prepared enough?
    You posted an "Oda in classroom" cartoon the other day, unfortunately, it seems to summarize the problem perfectly.

  14. #974
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    I loved that cartoon! Thanks for mentioning it, I wanted to thank the OP for posting it.

    I have to assume that Oda knows what to do (he has to have been told) but can't manage it in competition. I laugh to weep.

  15. #975
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I think he does. In a live chat with Kurt last year, to back up his claim of Kurt's 3A being among the best, he said that Kurt's and Boitano's 3As were in the Dartfish program. Coach Krall has said that doing 4T actually helps him with 3A and she mentioned before that Chan had interesting techniques going into his 3A and he has been trying to learn the proper technique. It is always harder to unlearn and relearn something than to learn it right the first time. I think there was some implication of Don Laws there Krall tried to not call out.

    Look how hard it has been for Mao to relearn her jump techniques when the old ones had seemingly worked so well for her. I see her as very ambitious and having a long term objective to go through all this.

    Mr. Colson's approach and plan for Patrick has been the foundation of his success. He built a foundation of solid basic skating before adding one jump after another into his arsenals. It's his blade skills that accords him the speed and rhythm into his highly successful 4T with seeming ease. He learned 3A during the time between Mr. Colson and Ms Krall. Actually he met Krall as a special jump coach introduced by Laws, who then resented the two's colaboration.
    Thank you so much for the information! It's very comforting to know that he's relearning it follow the best model. I remember that Krall mentioned Patrick use Plushenko as his 4T model, and it shows great result. It is great that now people can actually learn from the best in a scientific way Hope Patrick gets consistent 3A next couple of years. Maybe we can see a lp with two triples and two 3A And I'm hoping Patrick continue to grow in presentation. He's good already, but I believe he can be better when he grow up more.

Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •