Men's LP | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Thanks so much for the reporting, everyone! I'm kind of glad I couldn't watch it live: after what happened to Daisuke I'd be a sobbing heap. Even just reading everyone's quick comments as it was happening made me feel awful. But I'm glad he just kept it going and finished with honor.

I can't wait to see Chan and Kozuka. Their programs sound wonderful. But what a nailbiter this Worlds is so far.

Hikaru

Final Flight
I woke up late, but I needed the rest.

I missed Fernandez but was happy to see him in the lead so far. I'll catch him tonight on Unisport.

Peter Liebers had the skate of his life. Good for him. Hope he hangs around and skates Sochi.

Ross Miner - a bit methodical but it was all clean and his scores are well deserved.

Contesti - Much too slow.

I am sooooooo happy that Javi made the top 10!! When I saw the scores yesterday I felt he had a very good chance to move up, because they were close, and he got high TES, I must see his FS.... alas, I'm at the office so I won't be able to see the videos until later today.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I'm just speechless, Oda found a way to miscount again:)
The rule sucks. It was such a good combo, the 3A+3T, so why don't just disallow the 3T as illigel element or better "downgrade* the 3T to 2T:) This is not a math contest, right?

bestskate8

On the Ice
Russia did a great favor by holding the Worlds 2011. Gachinsky is not a conspiracy. It's a an obvious Payback, and the americans had nothing to gain by conspiracy.

I did see Putin and Cinquanta together in the audience and I am sure they'll have a few vodkas later with Piseev. Maybe they will plot a conspiracy for Sochi. Quien sabe? :p

and you didn't mind when Harper had a few crown royal with Cinquanta before Vancouver not to mention Inman:laugh:

Congrats to Arthur with bronze medal. Great skate with quads :thumbsup:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I feel sorry for Oda and Verner. They will probably be the best skaters to never win a World medal. They just cant handle pressure and time is running out on both.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Chan is certain to win every competition he is in until 2014 atleast, maybe beyond is he chooses to continue. He is just so far ahead of the others right now, it must be embarassing for the rest. Hopefully next year some of the other guys pull up their socks and get their acts together, hopefully feeling embarassed how far Chan has gotten ahead of all of them.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker

Thank you so much!

Imagine what happens if Plushenko does return, since he and Gachinski have the same coach, Alexi Mishin.

After all, it had been Plushenko's rise that drove Alexei Yagudin from Mishin to the United States, where he went on to work with another Russian coach, Tatiana Tarasova, and win the 2002 Olympic title.

So true! Will that be too late for Plushenko to go to Tarasova?:p

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Our TV showed the following skaters

- Hernandez, he was great!!!
- Joubert, I liked his programme and the costume
- Verner, he skated the way I expected
- Brezina, should have been on the podium instead of Gachinski. Such a pity that Brezina had stamina problems in the end. His coach has not heard of doing full run-throughs?
- Bradley, what a sloooow skater...
- Chan, WOW, he deserved his scores!!!
- Oda, skated beautifully, but he cannot count!
- Gachinski, will Mishin ever get it, that this kind of skater will not win anymore. Of course now in Moscow he was held up like Lindemann in Dortmund... Gachinski´s PCS was ridiculously high, I hope that it was only for this event...
- Takahashi, so strange with the blade, sabotage???
- Kozuka, another skater who deserves a WOW...
- Amodio, not a good programme

Last edited:

bibi24

Final Flight
Here's what the EuroSport guys said about Amodio....

When the lyrics first came on,
- "Well the judges might be having heart attacks right now."

After the program,
"oh yes. Fantastic,

It was an exhibition program, yes.

For me I am not sure he didn't put the wrong tape on.

Vocals, interesting, see how the judges react to that.

The program looked disjointed to me.

Big question mark for the music.

It is against the rules, should be no lyrics in men, ladies, and pairs.

Not sure if rap counts as lyrics.

He'll be partying the night away, don't get next to him on the dance floor.

Not bad, but not good enough I am afraid.
He's still smiling, look."

Last edited:

Germanice

On the Ice
Btw., where was Yags???? Saw Plushenko, Tat, Rodnina, Sikharulidze in the audience ... but not him! :disapp:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Brian Joubert's LP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dDLvdoHpek

What a fighter!:thumbsup:

It's a break-through from Matrix. He softened his moves. Now he uses his wrists! If he uses a bit his back and head, it'll be better. I don't like the bottom of his shirt. Otherwise, this costume is OK. I agree it's a difficult music to skate.

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Just now watching the men's long program -- I wondered whether Peter Liebers has had this program to the music of Sherlock Holmes for awhile, and it's just coincidental, or whether he was inspired to use it by seeing Dornbush win Junior GP last year?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Our TV showed the following skaters

- Brezina, should have been on the podium instead of Gachinski. Such a pity that Brezina had stamina problems in the end. His coach has not heard of doing full run-throughs?

Brezina's been dealing with injury this season - I'm pretty sure that hurt him more. That and he had to do qualifying (though obviously, that didn't hurt Kozuka. So glad I was wrong there).