Men's LP | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He didn't get a violation? What's up with that? Oh well. Yeah sucks that Florent couldn't stay in 5th and get 3 spots for France, but alas...

JeffyJosephNCA

On the Ice
Did the rules change again ISU, ow vay, this is definitely the most surreal Worlds I've ever seen....

PS. My heart aches for Dai & Nobu :(, but ecstatic for Taka!

beep_beep

Medalist
Amodio didn't get a deduction...

If the ISU doesn't officially address the music with lyrics thing this off season, I believe we'll be in for a lot of sung programs next season...

Sus

Rinkside
Amodio is fun as hell to watch, fantastic dancer!
I'm gutted for Oda and Dai, silly mistakes and bad luck *sigh*
And also annoyed at some of the PCS given here...

Layfan

Record Breaker
Wow. Well, not exacatly how I excpted things to turn out except for Pactrick's Gold. Rats, I missed his skate.
How crushing for Dai. But I"m so thrilled for Kozuka. Good for Gachinsky I admit I didn't predict that. Amodio ... I don't know. He could be presented so much better.

I see Ryan didn't do so great... I'll have to see what happened later.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
What a ******* crazy night.

I'm sad, though, because I was about to comment how Florent had the best program of the night artistically. And then those vocals came in and completely ruined that mid part of his program. I love how ballsy he was to do it (and he didn't get a deduction - LOL) but the program is way better off without the vocals.

Ravensque

On the Ice
Congrats to Patrick for 2 amazing programs, and putting it down in a largely non-supportive atmosphere there in Russia. Judging by the crowd, he certainly was not a favorite........so cudos to him. Congrats also to Kozuka for an awsome skate under pressure and bringing a medal home to Japan. :) It was a terrific men's competition.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
A -1 deduction wouldn't have made any difference in the final ranking for Amodio anyway! I already love him, but I love him more for skating to the actual music and not those painful muzak elevator music versions!

Germanice

On the Ice
Congrats to the podium ... glad for Japan got a medal at last!!!

Yeah, Chan is World Champion now, but the habit of certain fans and most of all the judges to handle him like he's the "second coming" got waaay overboard ...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I thought the ISU had decided to allow vocals now. I heard that from somebody on here awhile ago, but I don't remember who or when really and I'm not even sure if they're right.

Trewyn

Medalist
I haven't read the last 10 pages of this thread but I just wanted to say:

CRAZIEST FINAL FLIGHT EVER!!!!:eek:

inflation at its height
Nobus Epic Fail at Maths
Gachinski having the SOHL and Moscow going crazy
Dai's unfortunate accident!
Kozuka stealing the show
And rebel Amodio using vocals!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

THIS exactly. Crazy night indeed! Super happy for Kozuka! Really upset about Nobu! I could cry! And inflation.. ah well.. we're not surprised, right?

katymay

Medalist
I thought the ISU had decided to allow vocals now. I heard that from somebody on here awhile ago, but I don't remember who or when really and I'm not even sure if they're right.

I thought so too-about three years back I thought they had decided to allow vocals...but I too might be wrong.

MichaelK

Rinkside
I'm still puzzled by the high PCS for Gachinski, he got more for choreography than Amodio (7.93 vs. 7.64), can anyone justify this?