Men's LP | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

russell30

Final Flight
I did not realise Oda lost 12 points (Ouch!!)

I feel that we are never going to get away from Political judging in this sport, Gachinski was good but hey a BRONZE Crazy!! More back handers, and money taking from certain officials to enflate scores.

Ciniquatta needs to go!!!! (He has ruined this sport)

emma

Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists! Wow wow wow is all I can say right now just thinking about what Patrick and Taka have accomplished. I especially hope this gives Taka confidence to just bring it all the time next season (and be recognized for it!!!). My heart so breaks for Oda I just don't know what to say other than I did love watching this LP (even though my heart sank with that darn 3t). My heart broke for Dai, too, but then to see him start back up and try and then his Dai-lishess smile at the end....he is a true champion.

Anyway - I really don't get the lyrics thing but it was a good comic relief for my shattered nerves!

kensal

Rinkside
First time poster here. Great competition so far at Worlds.
So happy for Kozuka!!!!
But I was also impressed with Gachinsky. Medal at his first Worlds? Who is the last one to achieve that?
His programs are a lot to be desired for, they seem to be very juniorish but technically he could be a force to reckon now. He just needs better choreographer. Howevber, did anybody else notice how dramatically he improved in presentation department since Euros?
Also does it mean that Russia will have 3 spots next year?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Men

Result

FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS

1 Patrick CHAN CAN 280.98 1 1
2 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 258.41 6 2
3 Artur GACHINSKI RUS 241.86 4 3
4 Michal BREZINA CZE 233.61 7 5
5 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 232.97 3 6
6 Nobunari ODA JPN 232.50 2 9
7 Florent AMODIO FRA 229.68 5 7
8 Brian JOUBERT FRA 227.67 9 4
9 Richard DORNBUSH USA 222.42 11 8
10 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 218.26 14 10
11 Ross MINER USA 217.93 13 11
12 Tomas VERNER CZE 216.87 8 13
13 Ryan BRADLEY USA 212.71 12 12
14 Denis TEN KAZ 209.99 10 14
15 Peter LIEBERS GER 205.59 16 15
16 Anton KOVALEVSKI UKR 201.64 17 16
17 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 197.10 15 18
18 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 196.40 18 17
19 Jorik HENDRICKX BEL 188.24 22 19
20 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 187.23 19 21
21 Paolo BACCHINI ITA 183.13 23 20
22 Nan SONG CHN 176.09 20 23
23 Kim LUCINE MON 171.93 24 22
24 Joey RUSSELL CAN 168.73 21 24

Layfan

Record Breaker
So did the U.S. men at least get two spots? what happened?

ETA: Wow, Kevin Reynolds must have had a miserable skate again. 20th....

christinaskater

Medalist
Congratulations
Patrick and Takahiko!
I'm so happy for Patrick!

Congrats Takahiko! Go for JAPAN!!!!

I don't like the bronze winner....politicking.

I could comment on all the skaters but for now, I will just comment on the Podium.

Chan - you don't need protocols to understand the Winner! His skating was a blend of high tech and musical performance, which is what it should be. A few others have this.

Kozuka - He had nothing to lose so he went for it! Super comeback from his dreary SP. Much deserved Silver.

Gachinsky - We've got another Plushenko on our hands, unfortunately. It was all about the jumps, and some with wonky landings. There was little reason for his frantic footwork in his interpretation score. His body movements are completely staccoto, and those poses are so archeic. Can you honestly say, you enjoyed his spins? I agree with Hernando, the imposter was at his best.

wallylutz

Medalist
That would be better than the current rule but still not completely fair. If a skater would have gotten 9.9 points for a 3Axel-2Toe there is no reason they should receive a deduction for instead doing a 3Axel-3Toe. It should be scored as if they had still done the 3Axel-2Toe...because they DID do it - just with an extra rotation.

Even under 6.0 system, the Zayak rule applied for decades. What you are suggesting is the invention of a completely new rule, which has never existed yet somehow you blamed it squarely on CoP. :sheesh: Is this the continuation of your "Patrick Chan must never had sex before, that's why he is contrived." or the judging panel is Canadian paid even though there is no Canadian judge or a Canadian on the Technical Panel? :unsure:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So Mrs P, what did I say that trhe americans won't get the three spots for the next year? They were too many ahead of them after the SP to have realistic chance, and none of them excells yet in the PCS arena.

Perosnally I think Miner and Dornbush were underscored in PCS. While they lack polish, they at least have transitions and other things and there is no reason why they had such lower PCS than Gachinsky. Bleh.

Also worth noting that in TES, Miner and Dornbush were 6th and 7th. So if TES was the only determinant they would have had 3 spots. Well, I kid. In any case, I think they were great debuts, Dornbush had a solid debut with a 8th place finish, Miner matched Abbott's debut in 11th. Bradley did has his best finish, though he was disappointing in his FS.

Overall I think this competition should show that there is a future in U.S. Men's figure skating...

Layfan

Record Breaker
Kozuka got positive GOE for all elements by every judge!

:clap: I can't wait to re-watch his skate more relaxed. Obviously I saw it was a wonderful skate but I was so tense, trying to will him on the podium. Seems like he might have been the highlight of the night.

Can't wait to see Chan. I missed him and all I read here is griping about his scores. I take it was great but not as good as Canadian nationals.

Daisuke is still world champion and Olympic bronze medalist forever - and the first Japanese world champion and first Olympic medalist. I wonder what he'll do... well, if he leaves competition he will be wonderful on the tour circuit! One of these days I am determined to see him live, and Lambiel. My two favorite performers of recent years :)

russell30

Final Flight
All in all a good competition and one of the best I have seen?

Because of the problems with streaming missed the first two groups and heard that Bacchini, Hendrickxx, Fernandez, Miner, Liebers skated great!!, Also missed some of Joubert but seems he went clean too

Still not sure of Gachinski bronze, but hey he did well with immense pressure from his federation.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So did the U.S. men at least get two spots? what happened?

ETA: Wow, Kevin Reynolds must have had a miserable skate again. 20th....

Yes, they got two spots easily. Dornbush and Miner moved up while Bradley went down two spots.

herios

Medalist
Perosnally I think Miner and Dornbush were underscored in PCS. While they lack polish, they at least have transitions and other things and there is no reason why they had such lower PCS than Gachinsky. Bleh.

Also worth noting that in TES, Miner and Dornbush were 6th and 7th. So if TES was the only determinant they would have had 3 spots. Well, I kid. In any case, I think they were great debuts, Dornbush had a solid debut with a 8th place finish, Miner matched Abbott's debut in 11th. Bradley did has his best finish, though he was disappointing in his FS.

Overall I think this competition should show that there is a future in U.S. Men's figure skating...

yes, there is clearly future in US skating. I like Dornbush a lot. Great debut for him here.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Patrick Chan!!!!!!!!! You did it!!!!!!!!!:rock::rock::rock:

Congratulations to Kozuka!!!!!!!!!! A Worlds silver!!!!!!!!! Not bad at all!

I supposed that I should congratulate Gachinsky! I haven't watched them, so can't comment.

Sad for Takahashi and Oda!

Congratulations to Brezina and Dornbush!:yes::thumbsup: