Men's LP | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Let's not forget Reynolds and Russell who skated much worse than Bradley. :sheesh:

Joey is never a contender and this was his first, likely the only, trip to Worlds. He was a sidekick because Canada had 3 spots.

Kevin has an injury preventing him from the big jumps which he still went for except for cutting back one quad in the SP. His season was already over when he got the call for Worlds. He only had 3 weeks to try to ease back into training. I think he will likely be back on track next season and he is promising with improved skating and artistry. And the quads, of course.

In any case, neither of them went as the National Champion.

yangjie

On the Ice
there were so many accidents and unexpectations, so i feel patric's high score doed not impress me so much...

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Gee, without Russia, there won't be a Worlds this year. Gave their only entry a little bit more generous scores was the appropriate gesture to say thank you back to them. Don't you have some sense?! Besides, Gachinsky did deliver it. It was not totally outrageous.

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Bradley could try to get another US Nationals title. Otherwise, he could be a star in SOI. His result is as expected. The bad thing is that there is no broken-foot excuses from his fans this time.

I don't see him winning another US title somehow but I do see him being a favorite on SOI :) His comeback was worth it on a personal level for the national title. Too bad he couldn't do a little bit better today but from what I read he at least didn't implode. He has charisma and quads but his limitations are obvious. And this year his skating has been slower than ever. Still, hopefully he is happy about the U.S. title.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Bradley could try to get another US Nationals title. Otherwise, he could be a star in SOI. His result is as expected. The bad thing is that there is no broken-foot excuses from his fans this time.

It was a deeper field this season in case you didn't notice. No need to defend Ryan or make excuses unless it is only about pettiness.

He has been competing for a long time and I am glad he got another chance to go to Worlds.
I wish him well in the future.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Gee, without Russia, there won't be a Worlds this year. Gave their only entry a little bit more generous scores was the appropriate gesture to say thank you back to them. Don't you have some sense?! Besides, Gachinsky did delivered it. It was not totally outrageous.

Other countries offered to host Worlds. Were you sleeping when that happened :laugh:

bsfan

On the Ice
I give Gachinksy credit for skating his best. Plus, I never saw Mishin so happy to lose by 40 points ;)

This is the best part of this competetion so far. Congraulate to Gachnsky on medaling with strong tech and nerve. He has protential.

Layfan

Record Breaker
It was a deeper field this season in case you didn't notice. No need to defend Ryan or make excuses unless it is only about pettiness.

He has been competing for a long time and I am glad he got another chance to go to Worlds.
I wish him well in the future.

I agree. He did okay this season. It's not his fault that Jeremy and Adam bombed at nationals and no reason to beat Ryan up for not being Patrick Chan. It is what it is.

The Biggest Problem with Gachinsky he now has the podium reputation which I do believe affects a Tech Panel and some judges. That corridor thing get them nervous.

Regarding my boy, Brezina. as Lady Bracknell would say one fault is unfortunate, but two are carelessness.
It did cost him points. But his musical rhythm of blade-to-ice is second to none. A landed Quad would put him as the most rival for Chan.

Bradley's humor is not for international competition. But he's always been this way. Can he change to a more macho approach?

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Gee, without Russia, there won't be a Worlds this year. Gave their only entry a little bit more generous scores was the appropriate gesture to say thank you back to them. Don't you have some sense?! Besides, Gachinsky did deliver it. It was not totally outrageous.

That would not be fair at all, especially to Gachinsky who could've won bronze in any other country had all the performances gone down like they did here.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I agree. He did okay this season. It's not his fault that Jeremy and Adam bombed at nationals and no reason to beat Ryan up for not being Patrick Chan. It is what it is.

It's not about being like Patrick. It's basic choreography of a program with any chance of winning. He was supposed to rechoreograph his SP and yet it's still his backside presented to the judges almost the whole time. How were they supposed to see his "performance" with facial expressions?

And there is no chance of podium or close to it without respectable PCS. Sure Bradley could do what he wanted, but he kept talking about wanting to medal at Worlds.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
That would not be fair at all, especially to Gachinsky who could've won bronze in any other country had all the performances gone down like they did here.

Honestly, I haven't seen Gachinsky's LP. I watched his SP. Got a little idea. Reading all these angry comments about him on here made me say that.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Congrats to the medalists, especially Taka-chan!!!

I can't remember how many times I shouted "Noooooo" to the TV screen, but Taka-chan made my day! Thank you, Taka-chan!!!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Honestly, I haven't seen Gachinsky's LP. I watched his SP. Got a little idea. Reading all these angry comments about him on here made me say that.

I saw it and think he did his best. I don't think his scores were so far off. And it is not Arthur's fault that Brezina messed up along with Dai and Oda.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Gachinsky brought it today. He may not be the overall 3rd best skater in the World, but today he was because others faltered, one way or another.

That's why we have actual competitions. The ice is slippery. etc.

Brace yourelf as you watch it. I could list a half dozen others from Fernandez to Brezina who skated better.

janetfan

Match Penalty
It's not about being like Patrick. It's basic choreography of a program with any chance of winning. He was supposed to rechoreograph his SP and yet it's still his backside presented to the judges almost the whole time. How were they supposed to see his "performance" with facial expressions?

And there is no chance of podium or close to it without respectable PCS. Sure Bradley could do what he wanted, but he kept talking about wanting to medal at Worlds.

So you think Bradley had no right to aspire to a medal?
What about Alissa? She hopes to skate her best and maybe win amedal. Should we ban skaters for thinking that way?

It is supposed to be a sport, remember :think: