Men's LP | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
The real question in this competition is.... how did the Russians make a second Plushenko, do they make them in some kind of factory? If so.. this is scary!!!!!!!

And if there is such a factory....try the alexei model instead :biggrin:

Just be glad that Plushy #2 doesn't have the Mullet as the original one. LOL =D

alexeifan

On the Ice
Any Russian skater is automatically "new Plushenko". I believe it is the matter of taste preference and cultural difference. Russians find Plushenko's style appealing, some people abroad do not get the appeal.

I don't think any Russian skater is automatically the new plush. Artur has the same build, long and thin, same hair style, same kind of flare/attitude, same costume style, same coach, same jumps as far as air position, aproach, everything is the same but the nose.

bibi24

Final Flight
Any Russian skater is automatically "new Plushenko". I believe it is the matter of taste preference and cultural difference. Russians find Plushenko's style appealing, some people abroad do not get the appeal.

Why can it not be "new Yagudin", "new Kulik", "new Abt", etc?

kensal

Rinkside
I don't think any Russian skater is automatically the new plush. Artur has the same build, long and thin, same hair style, same kind of flare/attitude, same costume style, same coach, same jumps as far as air position, aproach, everything is the same but the nose.
Well I read the same comments about Kovalevsky, Uspensky, and any other "sky" coming out of Russia these days.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The real question in this competition is.... how did the Russians make a second Plushenko, do they make them in some kind of factory? If so.. this is scary!!!!!!!

The Alexei model they produced was sent to France... and grew up to become Brian Joubert. :p

janetfan

Match Penalty

Comparisons are natural in sport. But notice no one has been calling Gachinksy the "new Yagudin." :)

kensal

Rinkside
Comparisons are natural in sport. But notice no one has been calling Gachinksy the "new Yagudin." :)

Well, you just wait till he switches to TAT:) and I am sure if Yagudin was still competing. We would hear same hatred towards his style as well. Some fans need hate.

Lily.Grace

Rinkside
Haha well said!!!!!
^_________________^

emma

Record Breaker
So...I had to go to work, but of course cannot concentrate at all...I'm already imagining next year and the Patrick - Taka rivalry (I mean, a second quad in the LP and Taka might have one; mistake free SP and ...and...and the possibilities are amazing! go Patrick! Go Taka!!!).

Ok...back to work.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Wow, I know Russian, hahaha!:biggrin: I've heard the commentators say after Chan's LP, "Great program! Great program!" "Incredible!" "Standing Ovation!":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Well, you just wait till he switches to TAT:) and I am sure if Yagudin was still competing. We would hear same hatred towards his style as well. Some fans need hate.

I would rather he switch to Morozov if that would help free Florent and Javi :p

alexeifan

On the Ice
Yes comparisons are very common but.......... Artur could pass as Plushy's twin/brother/cousin 4 real

it's not like there are a lot of people floating out there in the world that look like plush thank goodness :biggrin:

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
This skate by Patrick is on par with his GPF's but with 2 quads. :clap: He won both events.

But his best was at the Canadian Nationals. :rock: :rock: That is one for the ages.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
First time poster here. Great competition so far at Worlds.
So happy for Kozuka!!!!
But I was also impressed with Gachinsky. Medal at his first Worlds? Who is the last one to achieve that?
His programs are a lot to be desired for, they seem to be very juniorish but technically he could be a force to reckon now. He just needs better choreographer. Howevber, did anybody else notice how dramatically he improved in presentation department since Euros?
Also does it mean that Russia will have 3 spots next year?

Welcome to Goldenskate, kensal. :)
I'm catching up on reading this thread now, so I don't know if your question has already been answered, but here's my answer, just in case.

According to the ISU rules, when there is only one competitor for a country, which was true of Russia in this case, the placement number at the end must be 1 or 2, to qualify that nation for three entries next year. Since Artur Gachinski finished with a placement of 3, Russia gets 2 spots next year. They only were entitled to one spot this year. If Takahiko Kozuka had not skated so brilliantly, then Artur probably would have held the second place, and then Russia would have gotten the right to send three entries next year. This is quite possibly why, as someone noted, the audience reaction was subdued, but I feel that Russia having earned a second spot for next year is still good news. To me, it was important for Japanese morale that one of Japan's skaters make it to the podium, and I am so very proud of Taka for doing that. I am also very proud of Artur for doing his part to increase Russia's chances next year, as we move toward Sochi, and I think that is very fitting, and I am quite grateful to Russia for giving us a Worlds this year. I also think the extra time to prepare programmes benefitted the skaters. Maybe the rules should be changed to allow a longer break after the GP series, Euros, and Four Continents. I think it might reduce skater burn-out and injury, and would allow time for small changes to improve their programmes. Just a thought.