I feel sorry for Oda and Verner. They will probably be the best skaters to never win a World medal. They just cant handle pressure and time is running out on both.
Chan is certain to win every competition he is in until 2014 atleast, maybe beyond is he chooses to continue. He is just so far ahead of the others right now, it must be embarassing for the rest. Hopefully next year some of the other guys pull up their socks and get their acts together, hopefully feeling embarassed how far Chan has gotten ahead of all of them.
So true! Will that be too late for Plushenko to go to Tarasova?Imagine what happens if Plushenko does return, since he and Gachinski have the same coach, Alexi Mishin.
After all, it had been Plushenko's rise that drove Alexei Yagudin from Mishin to the United States, where he went on to work with another Russian coach, Tatiana Tarasova, and win the 2002 Olympic title.
Our TV showed the following skaters
- Hernandez, he was great!!!
- Joubert, I liked his programme and the costume
- Verner, he skated the way I expected
- Brezina, should have been on the podium instead of Gachinski. Such a pity that Brezina had stamina problems in the end. His coach has not heard of doing full run-throughs?
- Bradley, what a sloooow skater...
- Chan, WOW, he deserved his scores!!!
- Oda, skated beautifully, but he cannot count!
- Gachinski, will Mishin ever get it, that this kind of skater will not win anymore. Of course now in Moscow he was held up like Lindemann in Dortmund... Gachinski´s PCS was ridiculously high, I hope that it was only for this event...
- Takahashi, so strange with the blade, sabotage???
- Kozuka, another skater who deserves a WOW...
- Amodio, not a good programme
Last edited by Jaana; 04-28-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Here's what the EuroSport guys said about Amodio....
When the lyrics first came on,
- "Well the judges might be having heart attacks right now."
After the program,
"oh yes. Fantastic,
It was an exhibition program, yes.
For me I am not sure he didn't put the wrong tape on.
Vocals, interesting, see how the judges react to that.
The program looked disjointed to me.
Big question mark for the music.
It is against the rules, should be no lyrics in men, ladies, and pairs.
Not sure if rap counts as lyrics.
He'll be partying the night away, don't get next to him on the dance floor.
Not bad, but not good enough I am afraid.
He's still smiling, look."
Last edited by bibi24; 04-28-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Kozuka is just sooo adorable. Wonderful skate. I wish he could do that more often.
Btw., where was Yags???? Saw Plushenko, Tat, Rodnina, Sikharulidze in the audience ... but not him!
Brian Joubert's LP:
What a fighter!
It's a break-through from Matrix. He softened his moves. Now he uses his wrists! If he uses a bit his back and head, it'll be better. I don't like the bottom of his shirt. Otherwise, this costume is OK. I agree it's a difficult music to skate.
Last edited by Bluebonnet; 04-28-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Just now watching the men's long program -- I wondered whether Peter Liebers has had this program to the music of Sherlock Holmes for awhile, and it's just coincidental, or whether he was inspired to use it by seeing Dornbush win Junior GP last year?