Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's LP

Custom Title
    Artur Gachinski's LP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvDqL96SCLM

For some reason, I think Gachinski is the combination of 70% Plushenko + 30% Abt. He did great with a little transitions (Gosh, I've been brain-washed by this board!). I like him better than Amodio. I don't mind he gets a little high PCS. Well done for a young skater in his senior debut! Congratulations to Gachinski!

Custom Title
    Smiles for Brian! Did anyone see how he injured his hand? Was he slightly ahead of his music at the end?

On the Ice
    I've just come back home from the Megasport rink. It was amazing competition.
    I want to admitt that only 3 skaters made the whole stadium to stand up.
    They are:
    Patrick Chan. Everybody understood that it is a Champion and that he is far above the rest!!!
    Brian Joubert. No matter how he skated people will always love him!
    And of course Artur Gachinski. Russians are so happy now. Each of his jumps made ​​us perk up and up and scream louder and louder.

Kozuka was great, but...not many emotions.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlepa View Post
    They are:
    Patrick Chan. Everybody understood that it is a Champion and that he is far above the rest!!!
    And of course Artur Gachinski. Russians are so happy now. Each of his jumps made ​​us perk up and up and scream louder and louder.

That's a little sad that Kozuka didn't get a standing ovation. :(

If Plushenko were doing commentary here is how it would go:

"Artur deserve medal; he is man & he does quad like good mens figure skating"

"Nobunari Oda should win Platinum medal; is no such thing as too much jumping in mens figure skating"

"Takahashi deserve boot problem; he did not do quad in short program of mens figure skating"

"American federation send wrong men to World Championship; only one does quad"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlepa View Post
    They are:

Thanks glad to hear the great atmosphere!! Enjoy rest of competition!!

Custom Title
    If Plushenko was in this competition, he would do very well. Commentary is not his forte.

Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post

"Nobunari Oda should win Platinum medal; is no such thing as too much jumping in mens figure skating"

"Takahashi deserve boot problem; he did not do quad in short program of mens figure skating"

Custom Title
    I'm behind in watching and just saw Brezina's performance and marks in lp -- sorry to his fans, but what a huge lie! Brezina did not perform better than Fernandez, Joubert, Dornbush or Miner. Sad that neither of the Czech's performed well, but if Brezina's marks aren't clear evidence of the political scoring in this sport (as if there isn't more than enough evidence of that), I'll sadly jump off the Golden Gate bridge.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    I'm behind in watching and just saw Brezina's performance and marks in lp -- sorry to his fans, but what a huge lie! Brezina did not perform better than Fernandez, Joubert, Dornbush or Miner. Sad that neither of the Czech's performed well, but if Brezina's marks aren't clear evidence of the political scoring in this sport (as if there isn't more than enough evidence of that), I'll sadly jump off the Golden Gate bridge.
    Could you please elaborate who is politicking for Brezina? I am just curious.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    After Gachinski skated, everyone left was a threat to his medal. Any home field would have acted the same way..

Custom Title
    If Plushenko were in this competition, he'd get silver because his SP score would be a lot higher than Kozuka had. Whichever way, Russia would only get one podium finish.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 04-28-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    In all fairness, Eurosport British commentators can not stop raving about great atmosphere in the auditorium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Art&Sport, I too think Brezina was scored quite generously for what he did but I think it's more like the judges got a bit excited in the GOE and PCS departments after his barnburner of an opening--his opening few jumping passes were amazing and I would think that definitely influenced the judges' perception of him. Plus I can't imagine the Czech figure skating federation having much politicking force in the figure skating world--surely they would've politicked Tomas Verner a world medal by now, given how talented he is.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post

This cracked me up. I can actually hear Plushy saying this stuff.

Custom Title
    Sorry to burst your bubble, kendal, fs is a political sport. The scoring alone is evidence of that. The fact CoP was instituted in the first place is evidence of that. The fact the judges are anonymous is evidence of that -- they cloak their politics in anonymity, but it often shows up clearly in the scoring. If Brezina had been able to stay on his feet, and not obviously show that he was losing energy and stamina at the end, then I could live with his marks (which I'll have to anyway, but not w/o speaking out). He's been a judges' favorite, and the fact Verner did not perform well and dropped in the standings apparently meant the judges were bound to keep Brezina in a high position. Gachinski in a high position too, also shows Politics is alive and well in the sport of figure skating ... nothing new. Brezina is an excellent jumper with good skating skills, but he sorely lacks artistry and presentation skills at this point in his career, IMO.

Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast