Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Sigh! This bitching about Chan is getting really old.
    I just used the Ignore User function again. It's really simple - no point in aggravating yourself with newbies with troll like behaviors.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Do you have a link?

I remember Taka's talking about Chan. After TEB 2008, where Chan got gold and Taka got silver, Taka and Chan chattered in their hotel room until midnight, then hotel employee came and asked them not to be noisy. Apparently they are friends.
    It's a friendly rivalry. Even Taka's interview with Japanese media after the competition today, he said numerous times his goal going forward is to aim for the Gold Medal at the World Championship. Even though he didn't call Chan by name, it's pretty obvious he is setting his target on defeating Chan as soon as they meet again next season. That's why Chan cannot let today's win getting into his head because Taka and many other men will try to challenge him for the World Championship title.

Custom Title
    Patrick Chan's SP by Universal Sports.

This is a good fancam LP, almost aerial, a different perspective but shows his speed and ice coverage.

LP on CBC

Thank you, bibi and fscric!

It's always nice to see such a sweet moment.

Custom Title
    Coming here to share my opinions for the first time doesn't mean I'm a troll, but that's right, use the Ignore feature. That's great, in fact. Now you at least won't be whining and demanding to hear my thought process, but I suppose you'll continue pressuring others for theirs.

Chan won so his fans should be happy, and not expect that everyone is a fan of his. No one here was tearing Chan down. Some posters simply saying they don't find Chan as expressive to the music as Kozuka is their opinion, not bitching or bashing.

Great that Kozuka is determined to challenge. Chan wishes to dominate, so others need to step up to challenge him. Even Federer had to work harder because of Rafa Nadal.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 04-28-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Patrick Chan's SP by Universal Sports.

This is a good fancam LP, almost aerial, a different perspective but shows his speed and ice coverage.

LP on CBC
    Thanks! Couldn't see CBC (I am in HK).

Who's commentating for CBC TV at this year's worlds?

ETA: Give me a shout if anyone's looking for EuroSport Men's LP, I can upload later on YouTube if ppl want to watch.
    Last edited by bibi24; 04-28-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Hopefully people who do not appreciate Chan will be quiet now.

Well done, what a talent he is. How unfortunate for Takahashi though.

Totally random, but did anyone else notice that Takahiko Kozuka's TES (98+) was more than Patrick's (96+)? And his quad toe got +2.29 GOE vs. Patrick's +1.29 GOE. It's definitely Patrick's PCS (91+ vs Kozuka's 82+ and Daisuke's 82+) that sealed the deal for him.

Though, in all honestly, although I'm not a big fan of his program(s), he went out there and skated like a champion. Congrats to him!

And congrats to cutie patootie Kozuka for his first-ever world medal win!

I'm sad about Daisuke though. Does anyone know if he's retiring after this Worlds?

Protocols here: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._FS_Scores.pdf
    Last edited by aftertherain; 04-28-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Hopefully people who do not appreciate Chan will be quiet now.
    I guess you have not read through the thread yet, lol. Only in our dreams will that happen, though, admittedly the bitching has been pretty mild compared to before.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    The standings of the top 3 were fair but ... Patrick Chan's PCS of 91 is an abomination to the art of figure skating. Having amazing skating skills and putting transitions before jumps doesn't mean you have good choreography or are interpreting the music or are giving an emotionally resonant performance...I would also cite Jeremy Abbott at the 2008 GPF as an example of a note-perfect performance that would have deserved such a high PCS. It was far and away superior in its musicality and originality. Chan's transitions were in fact not as difficult as Abbott's either - let's see Chan do a series of reverse direction turns and then stay on that one foot before going immediately into a breathtaking Triple Axel; or multiple full-body dips in both directions before a Triple Loop. You should also look to Matt Savoie for someone who did painstakingly difficult transitions into jumps and would have deserved 9's for that mark...
    ITA with your entire post, especially the above.

All Chan fans who love his skating should be happy and revel in his win. If the judges had not been so determined to overscore, there would likely be fewer people pointing out that Chan's not perfect. In any case, if you love him, what others think truly shouldn't rain on your parade. Quite fascinating how some fans aren't happy unless everyone is bowing down enraptured with the skater they feel is the best.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 04-28-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    It's a friendly rivalry. Even Taka's interview with Japanese media after the competition today, he said numerous times his goal going forward is to aim for the Gold Medal at the World Championship. Even though he didn't call Chan by name, it's pretty obvious he is setting his target on defeating Chan as soon as they meet again next season. That's why Chan cannot let today's win getting into his head because Taka and many other men will try to challenge him for the World Championship title.
    I think this medal gives Taka a big confidence boost. It's good he's aiming for gold now. Oda, OTOH, must feel really lousy.

Patrick looked really happy for Taka when Taka was receiving his medal.

I don't think Patrick will let this "get into his head" as in laying back. He has sounded cocky channeling The Greats in sports but that's exactly the right winner's attitude, except a figure skater is not supposed to talk like that. But Chan always speaks his mind. Either by nature or by observation and learning, he's adopted a champion's mindset, backed up by disciplined hard work, constant improving and seeking help.

In Mighty Chan unloads to win men’s world title

Starkman writes

Here’s the thing about this personable young man. His statements come across as cocky, but he’s anything but. He’s incredibly sincere, a very smart kid but kind of goofy, and he’s plagued by the same insecurities as the rest of us.
    Chan's level of training costs a lot and Canadian Chinese community raises funds for him each year. With support, from parents, federations, fans, etc. must come a great sense of obligation and pressure. After all the fallings in early seson, he sought Boitano's help for dealing with nerves because, as Boitano said, very few could ever understand the pressure of having a nation's expectation on you. He instinctly knew Patrick's fear of failing and disappointing those who believed in him. His wisdom and advice have helped Patrick a great deal as Patrick acknowledges.

He has learned so much this last year and is putting everything into practice. With such great result, I think he will continue the course. After all, the course, and all the new knowledge and wisdom have been a result of purposeful seeking.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 04-28-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    I'm sad about Daisuke though. Does anyone know if he's retiring after this Worlds? [/URL]
    http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2011042801340

Some articles say he will continue, some say he's thinking about continuing.

Oh yah Dai will be in Gala

Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2011042801340

Some articles say he will continue, some say he's thinking about continuing.

Oh yah Dai will be in Gala
    Thank you! I hope he does decide to continue. I love his skating and I think he needs some sort of redemption song.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    I don't know if his PCS should be that high but I don't see how Patrick isn't a musical skater and doesn't interpret his music. He is not the natural performer that Dai is or Lambiel and Yagudin were. But to me he certainly seems to feel his music and interpret it well. Personally, I thought he projected more than Kozuka today. (I know that Kozuka also isn't a masterful projector but just noting that because some people seemed to think the opposite.)

I don't find his Phantom LP the most masterful or original thing I've ever seen but there are intricacies there. Hopefully, he will have a program for the ages one of these days. Something truly memorable and distinctive.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I am not really a fan of "Chiddy" but I have to say those were the two best programs put together we have seen in a while. maybe he was overscored. but he was the clear winner. Yu-na was overscored at the olympics, but she was the clear winner so it didn't really matter. same here. I said at the beginning of the season that Chan would do a quad like Weir would do a quad. I was wrong. Chan proved me wrong, and I have to say bravo kid!

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast