Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Results 1,036 to 1,040 of 1040

Thread: Men's LP

Custom Title
    ITA.......Patrick feels the music, and interprets it beautifully.....and he has the skills to do anything justice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "Latin" here.
    When I said "Latin", it was an idea in my mind in a loose term and region. I was thinking about Lysacek's bull-fighter costume, his España Cañí by Pascual Marquina short program which he's used for four years, and his Carmen role. Your question made me go to search for it. Then I've gotten these info below which just fit my original meaning. So here they are:

Latin America is a region of the Americas where Romance languages (i.e., those derived from Latin) – particularly Spanish and Portuguese, and variably French – are primarily spoken.

Latin Europe is a loose term for the region of Europe with an especially strong Latin (Graeco-Roman) cultural heritage inherited from the Roman Empire. The term has been used by some authors like Rogelio Pérez-Perdomo and Lawrence Friedman. Geographically anchored in Southern Europe, the countries using a Romance language (or one with a large Romance lexical input), that are also predominantly Roman Catholic, are considered culturally Latin by Pérez-Perdomo and Friedman.

Many such countries have status within the Latin Union. There is no clear definition on which countries or areas are included, but Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, southern Belgium and most of their culturally related European Microstates always or nearly always are.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    :sheesh:

I do believe there should be a thread in listing who are the present day musical skaters. We often have a thread on what music is going to be used by skaters, but never really a thread on who is really musical. I believe following the guidelines in Ice Dance, will be of assistance, and following Dance performers off the ice as well.

Personally I am not all that interested in Tricks with long preparations to be executed. That's not being musical, and I believe what I see in competitions is that Tricks are most important and musicality is lightly touched upon, although when a skater shows strong musicality, he/she is a winner. The Tricks are Steps in time with the music. Patrick has a way to go yet, but at present, he is the most musical skater in present day competition. JMO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    When I said "Latin", it was an idea in my mind in a loose term and region. I was thinking about Lysacek's bull-fighter costume, his España Cañí by Pascual Marquina short program which he's used for four years, and his Carmen role. Your question made me go to search for it. Then I've gotten these info below which just fit my original meaning. So here they are:

Latin America is a region of the Americas where Romance languages (i.e., those derived from Latin) – particularly Spanish and Portuguese, and variably French – are primarily spoken.

Latin Europe is a loose term for the region of Europe with an especially strong Latin (Graeco-Roman) cultural heritage inherited from the Roman Empire. The term has been used by some authors like Rogelio Pérez-Perdomo and Lawrence Friedman. Geographically anchored in Southern Europe, the countries using a Romance language (or one with a large Romance lexical input), that are also predominantly Roman Catholic, are considered culturally Latin by Pérez-Perdomo and Friedman.

Many such countries have status within the Latin Union. There is no clear definition on which countries or areas are included, but Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, southern Belgium and most of their culturally related European Microstates always or nearly always are.
    Thanks a lot. Now I know that French music is Latin music.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Now I know that French music is Latin music.
    This doesn't sound right to me. But I'll leave it to the music experts.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70