Pairs Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I would have S/S in 3rd, it's not their best programme. Still all to play for.

Liking Y/C. The US has a lot of pairs coming through.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
YEAHHHHH that's just left one more Russian team. If they go clean, there will be 4 teams w 70+ score fighting for 3 podium spots!! Going to be more exciting than the men competition.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
We are definitely getting a lot of fine competition today. Perhaps the extra time for rest, practice, and polishing at the end of the season accounts for it. Unfortunately, that was caused by a tragedy, but the skating level is incredibly high. Perhaps it is due to the special higher quality ice? I don't know. I just know that we're getting a treat.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Savchenko and Szolkowy's program didn't come alive until the end, after the footwork sequence. And even that last part of the program where it felt like they were actually performing contained their weakest element: the side-by-side spin. I'd have put them 3rd.

lavender

Record Breaker
P/Thave more of a program than V/T.

I agree. I really like V/T but their programs (short and long) aren’t as interesting and as difficult as S/S and P/T.

Now they should get better programs for the following seasons so I can’t wait.

Go C/Y

lisou

On the Ice
That really sucks for Y/C, I like them...John's fall was so stupid and it disrupted the whole program IMO.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yankowskas/Coughlin (USA)

3FTw - good
3STh - also nice
3T - she steps out
he falls on transtional steps!?
Li
FCCoSp - ok unison
SlSt
BiDs

dwiggin3

Final Flight
yeah, you could see it in his face in the K&C that he knew it cost them dearly.

They likely would have been in 4th even with her step-out.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think John might have lost his focus momentarily if he noticed that Caitlin stepped out of the jump, but of course I'm not sure.

lisou

On the Ice
Beautiful skate from T/T, the transition into the throw is gorgeous. Wow, that's the best pairs competition I've seen in a while.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahashi/Tran (JPN)

3S - good
2FTw - very nice, will they get 3Tw next year?
FCCoSp - good unison
(love the spiral)
3TTh
SlSt
Li - great extension
BiDs

Good Worlds debut!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I used to think Takahashi/Tran were boring and awkward, but they seem to have got interesting and non-awkward in the past few months.

...And it all comes down to K/S. :unsure:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Berton/Hotarek were picking little pieces of something up off the ice. I was wondering if they didn't get them all, and that's why John and just now Alexander fell.