Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Short Program

Uh oh, 5th place behind Bazarova and Larionov

Custom Title
    OK, the judges sent a clear message, to K/S. they are...screwed.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Is it just me, or was the choreography completely random and disconnected with the music? I'm slightly confused by this program.
    It's not just you! I don't like this program at all, their LP is so much better.

Custom Title
    Is it just me, or was the choreography completely random and disconnected with the music? I'm slightly confused by this program.
    No, you are right, this program is very odd and there is not much connection between the movement and the music at all, whoever picked this music, should be shot

Custom Title
    No, it's not just you. I am ??? too. At least the costumes are a bit better than their earlier ones.

Banned
    Pang & Tong were incredible and should have an even bigger lead on the other pairs. I am satisfied though. The top 3 were all great. Hopefully the competition is as well skated in the long.

Custom Title
    I think we are seeing a Russian changing of the guard from K/S to V/T.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    What message. They didnt skate well. They struggled to hold onto 3 elements, and then made a major error on another.

Medalist
    No, you are right, this program is very odd and there is not much connection between the movement and the music at all, whoever picked this music, should be shot
    Kazakova/Dmitriev had an excellent program to this music but it's just not suited to K/S.

Custom Title
    Yeah, the message is if your skate is shaky, you will place behind good pairs that skated less shaky. K/S have a weaker triple twist, and she had to fight for the landing on the throw as well as her SBS jump.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Pang & Tong were incredible and should have an even bigger lead on the other pairs. I am satisfied though. The top 3 were all great. Hopefully the competition is as well skated in the long.
    I would have give them around 76 range!!!

Banned
    Considering only half their elements were solid tonight I would say they should be happy with a score in the mid 60s. I do think it is a changing of the gaurd though but neccessarily due to politics. Just that K/S probably cant match the technical ability and consistency level of V/T already, and V/T have alot more improvement ahead as far as choreography and overall presentation than K/S do.

Tripping on the Podium
    I must have missed this info, but someone please tell me "where are the chinese Z/Z??"

not that i am a fan of their skating but....

K

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Yeah, the message is if your skate is shaky, you will place behind good pairs that skated less shaky. K/S have a weaker triple twist, and she had to fight for the landing on the throw as well as her SBS jump.
    Despite those, K/S used to be held up by the judges ion the PCS, but that habit didn't happen today. That is because the V/T can be a better replacement fior them as the top russian team. For example, last year in Turin, they didn't deserve to beat Mukhortova/Trankov, that is why I was surprised to see them finally dropped by the judges.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902 View Post
    I must have missed this info, but someone please tell me "where are the chinese Z/Z??"

not that i am a fan of their skating but....

K
    They have not competed all season due to an injury, if I recall correctly

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast