Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Short Program

Custom Title
    Has a youtube video of Pang/Tong's short gone up yet? It sounds absolutely magical :D

Custom Title
    Now it seems that they have to see if he can actually compete in the LP until after they practice. He's going to be really sore and will probably have a couple of black eyes and facial swelling too............Fingers x'd, cause I'd sure hate to see their World's end in withdrawal........

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    Now it seems that they have to see if he can actually compete in the LP until after they practice. He's going to be really sore and will probably have a couple of black eyes and facial swelling too............Fingers x'd, cause I'd sure hate to see their World's end in withdrawal........
    Is this just what you think or did someone from SC or one of the partners actually say this?

Meagan Duhamel gets some gutsy partners doesn't she?
    First Buntin (hand slash during the FS at TEB 2009) now Radford.

I really like both partnerships and thought it was such a shame she and Buntin didn't get to go to the Olympics.

Thought it went really well today, and I really really hope that Eric can skate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    Has a youtube video of Pang/Tong's short gone up yet? It sounds absolutely magical :D
    Yeah, it's up on Youtube now.

Pang & Tong are rock stars! They were sublime in that SP. By far the best they've skated all season.

They're both 31! To put into context, Pang is older than all Olympics ladies medalists from 1998 aside from Chen Lu (34) and Irina Slutskaya (32), and older than all Worlds medalists in in that time other than those two and Maria Butyrskaya 38, and older than all currently competing singles, pairs, and dance ladies...

To still be at the top of their sport at this advanced age, that is really phenomenal! I really hope they go out this year with a bang, and leave with fond memories. :cheer:

To everyone who is concerned about Pang's diet, obviously she's eating healthily. Someone with a bad diet can't possibly skate at this year after year, and still be doing so well at 31. She's obviously just built that way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Yeah, it's up on Youtube now.

Pang & Tong are rock stars! They were sublime in that SP. By far the best they've skated all season.

They're both 31! To put into context, Pang is older than all Olympics ladies medalists from 1998 aside from Chen Lu (34) and Irina Slutskaya (32), and older than all Worlds medalists in in that time other than those two and Maria Butyrskaya 38, and older than all currently competing singles, pairs, and dance ladies...

To still be at the top of their sport at this advanced age, that is really phenomenal! I really hope they go out this year with a bang, and leave with fond memories. :cheer:

To everyone who is concerned about Pang's diet, obviously she's eating healthily. Someone with a bad diet can't possibly skate at this year after year, and still be doing so well at 31. She's obviously just built that way.
    I just watched it... and wow, wow, WOW! That program was just beyond gorgeous... delicately lyrical, subtle, and nuanced... and Pang/Tong skated it perfectly technically and artistically LOVE how stretched and extended Pang is and how finished all their moves are and how each element just looked so effortless.

And WHOOHOO, as they would say at ontd_skating... P/T LAUGH IN THE FACE OF AGEISM XD

Plus, her arch in the death spiral was gorgeous Loved their death spiral sequence actually; no wonky positions, just classic lines <3
    Last edited by Lilith11; 04-27-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Is this just what you think or did someone from SC or one of the partners actually say this?
    I've been watching and reading all day lol......but I'm pretty sure it was PJ who made that remark. If I'm wrong on that, please feel free to make the correction . I'll bet that he will skate.......he seems like a gutsy guy to have finished the short like that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    I've been watching and reading all day lol......but I'm pretty sure it was PJ who made that remark. If I'm wrong on that, please feel free to make the correction . I'll bet that he will skate.......he seems like a gutsy guy to have finished the short like that.
    With an injury like that in the face, it is most likely there will be swelling, sometimes severely, especially if it's not iced immediately and continually. (*Remember the ugliest days of my life* )

We'll see how he looks tomorrow.

On the Ice

Question

Ei, guys, does anyone knows where we could download the videos of the competion? I live in Brazil e don't broadcast here (:x). I mean, something like Mediafire, Rapidshire...

Quote Originally Posted by Juli® View Post
    Ei, guys, does anyone knows where we could download the videos of the competion? I live in Brazil e don't broadcast here (:x). I mean, something like Mediafire, Rapidshire...
    If I could figure out how to download the ISU stream (I'd love to be able do that), I'd be more than willing to share with you guys

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    I just watched it... and wow, wow, WOW! That program was just beyond gorgeous... delicately lyrical, subtle, and nuanced... and Pang/Tong skated it perfectly technically and artistically LOVE how stretched and extended Pang is and how finished all their moves are and how each element just looked so effortless.
    This is a great program for them and they do look great mostly. However, Pang's positions during the lift continue to be sloppy and unstretched.

Custom Title
    Haven't got time to read all posts above, but I came here just to say how much I enjoyed the pairs event today, except that horrific injury... hope he's OK for tomorrow... So many clean skates. Top guns skated well, except K/S ... ahhh, what a shame ... and young pairs done so well too.

V/T! Saw them perform for the fist time and my goodness... never seen the twist that huge. Breathtaking, gutsy performance.

P/T was simply exquisite. Just exquisite. I almost welled up.

S/S was as reliable as ever. I always gasp whenever I see the hight Aliona hits at 3FTh.

B/H I love this Italian pair. They may not be as technically good as top pairs, but I love their tango and the way it ends with 3LoTh is just... wow. Massive praise for the choreographer, Pasquale Camerlengo too!

B/L the Russian No 3 was such an elegant pair and a joy to watch.

And I am so glad, over the moon actually, with the performance by Narumi & Mervin. They was marvellous in GPS, but somehow lost momentum since the beginning of year. They barely held on at the FCC and JWC. I was so worried about them, especially Narumi's jumps and wondered how bad her knee actually is nowadays. But they nailed everything today. The footwork was just so easy and smooth... gorgeous. I hope they'll hold it together. I keep all my fingers and toes crossed.

Felt so sorry for Y/C... I love their short and long. I would love to see them nail everything tomorrow and give us perfect Ave Maria. Same goes for E/L too.

M-T/M Kirsten is one of the cutest things on ice. The speed she rotates - for jumps, twists, and spins - is amazing. Loved exuberance and energy.

K/S I believe they will pull it off tomorrow. Their long programme is simply gorgeous and it deserves to be shown to Russian audience in its perfection.

Medalist
    That backstage shot of Szolkowy lifting Savchenko before their program was amusing, I hope someone uploads it to Youtube.

Custom Title
    I hope Eric get well tomorrow and be able to compete. So courageous for him to finished the sp! Meagan is the partner hurting her partner, and Jassica Dube was the one being hurt. So do be watchful next time, Eric!

Thoughts on the SP: (another long post...)

Daniel Wende is hawt

Pang/Tong: So wonderful... Showing the kids how it's supposed to be done This program is very well built and it suits them really well. Am I the only one who thinks that Tong is beautiful?

Aliona/Robin (too lazy to type their last names...): Their style is so different, so quirky, but I actually prefer their more conventional programs (Out of Africa and their FS from 07-08 to Cirque du Soleil music). Then again, my favourite program from them was their voidy Asoka SP... you can always trust them to come up with something different every season. They were very good today (that thrown 3Flip!!!), I guess the difference was on the SBS spins, that were out of synch on some moments (wild guess...). And Robin is hawt.

Volo/Tranks: Awsome elements!!! My heart stopped on the 3Tw and SBS spins. They need better choreo/packaging, i.e., get them away from N. Morozov's choreo!! Can't wait to see how they'll be next season.

Y/C: that was some unfortunate fall... :(

Bazarova/Larionov: like them. Really like them

Kavaguti/Smirinov: I hate their SP on the same level that I love their FS. I don't think they're being dumped. They lacked frow in some of their elements and here was the fall in a day of exceptional performances. I want them to kill it on the FS sooo badly.

Takahashi/Tran: Please don't blow it in the long, please.

Czech team: lovely lovely. Great surprise. They'll be going places in the future.
    Estonians: I like this program... and I actually like the costumes too

Duhamel/Radford: You can always trust Meaghan to give her all presentation wise on every performance. I loved on them on 4CC and I'm looking forward to their FS. Hopefully he'll be able to skate.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast