Pairs Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Nice skate from Kirsten Moore-Towers/Dylan Moscovitch. They seemed a little tight in places, and may have UR the twist. Their numbers weren't at par with their seasons best. Still, a really charming skate.

They score around 56 and move into 3rd place.

lisou

On the Ice
I would like to K/K's music skated to by a better pair (don't mind the Coldplay fan in me). Their costumes are also really lovely IMO.

herios

Medalist
I don't really understand why they're behind Duhamel and Radford..

Guys, if you ripp apart some of the elements, M-T/M, had some sloppy moments, and overall they were not as polished as D/R. Examples: Bumpy landing and tight rotation (without too much airtime on the twist), messy delivery of the sbs spins, while Eric and Meagan were in total synch on that.
The choreographical details of Meagan and Eric's program count imo a lot towards their PCS.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
David King is such a handsome young man, but his carriage is not that graceful when in motion. Need to take ballet classes imo.

gold12345

Medalist
I expected Kemp and King's score to be a bit higher, too

They do SBS double flips. There's not much higher the score can go. And I agree with the person who said ballet could help. Still, it was a great skate for them.

I would have been okay with the two Canadian teams in any order... D/R had their issues and M/M's SBS spins were pretty off. D/R probably are more polished, but neither team is knocking it out of the park in that department.

lisou

On the Ice
I hope B/L do well, I love them ! Actually I love all Russian couples except K/S (V/T, B/S, C/M). There, I said it but I may have to hide now *slips away quietly*

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm back from a luncheon in time for just the the big guns of the last 2 flights. I see the Canadians did quite well but the Russion team has a big lead. There will be at least 4 pairs ahead of them so hopefully they will be in top ten.