Pairs Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Standing O for V/T.

Their program is blah choreographically but those elements are SUPERB. That 3twist! *fans self*
I agree. I can't wait until they get better programs.

I like V/T's SP quite a bit. The choreography is active and powerful in a classically appealing way. I do find their LP to be more blah, though.

Kavaguti/Smirnov have by far the best Pair's LP of the season, IMO. It's a travesty that they lost the European title after skating so well, especially with the massive mistake S/S made. This should really be their year to win. Unfortunately V/T are already looked upon more favorably, which is too bad. V/T and S/S are better technically but their LP's are far below what Kavaguti/Smirnov have this year.

lisou

On the Ice
Beautiful skate from B/L, the SBS jumps were not as good as usual but other than that it was really nice.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
OMG, the noise. The Russian people really love Bazarova and Larionov (more than Volosozhar and Trankov, I guess?)

gold12345

Medalist
Beautiful skate from B/L, the SBS jumps were not as good as usual but other than that it was really nice.

I would actually consider those SBS jumps their usual. :laugh:

I feel like they could have more expression, but it was a good skate.

lisou

On the Ice
Kavaguti/Smirnov have by far the best Pair's LP of the season, IMO.

I don't like K/S and I'm actually a huuuuuge S/S fan but I agree that this FS is magnificent and more interesting than S/S's Pink Panther one (although I saw that one live and it's really entertaining).

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Great skate by B/L. Apart from the SBS jumps that was perfect. Went down very well with the crowd. New SB.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
EEK! The Italian team - she needs to either have tights that cover the boots or tuck them in....none of this over-the-heel stuff! Sorry, it's silly really, but it doesn't look very nice.

lisou

On the Ice
Wow I really love this B/O program, it fits them very well and I adore the music ! Powerful interpretation.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm not sure what the judges are going to do between P/T and V/T. I think it's probably going to go to P/T by a hair.

herios

Medalist
WoW, Pang and Tong haven't skated this well all season long, just simply beautiful, even their sbs spins were in total synch, which usually are off

lisou

On the Ice
P/T : so beautiful, I very nearly cried. I shouldn't be surprised though, those two get me every time (as do V/M but that's another story).