Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Pairs - Long Program

Custom Title
    Yes, lavender, Robin & Aliona do have fans (maybe not all vocal in fs forums) who root for them all the time. There's not only "room" for Robin & Aliona, they have been leading in pairs for awhile now with their unique approach, regardless of where they have placed at the big events over the past few years -- and of course their placements have not been too shabby.

All the pairs skated well at this event, and I guess have showed that the extra time did not throw them off track. P&T were obviously disappointed, because if they'd skated their best in the lp they may have been on top of the podium. In any case, I give them kudos for continuing to work hard and improving their skating because a few years ago, I think they were struggling a bit and sometimes looked quite flat at some events. They were thrilling at the 2010 Olympics.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 04-28-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smia View Post
    I much preferred Out of Africa but I have to admire Aliona/Robin for being brave enough to experiment so much. A lot of pairs just do the same type of program and music every year which is fine but I respect them less.
    Agreed. Their Pink Panther program is not my favorite but it's good that they are taking risks. They were just FLAWLESS in that performance today. Definitely deserved Gold.

Congrats to Robin & Aliona so happy for them. I just love their Pink Panther program and Congrats to V/T and P/T very, very
    nice podium. Good for Caitlin and John placing 6th, not to shabby.

Tripping on the Podium
    just saw S/S program and I love it!!! Anyone have other vid links to share? I missed it today. :-(

Anyone else notice that Germany will have 3 pairs for next season?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aniela View Post
    thank you for uploading!
    haha yw. will try to upload other two podium and men

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by silversprings77 View Post
    just saw S/S program and I love it!!! Anyone have other vid links to share? I missed it today. :-(

Anyone else notice that Germany will have 3 pairs for next season?
    Not at first, but yes they will since 1+12 = 13! Does Germany have 3 pairs to send?

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    haha yw. will try to upload other two podium and men
    Thanks! Can't wait to watch Tatiana & Maxim again!
    Last edited by Germanice; 04-28-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Custom Title
    Just finished watching the pairs. One of the best free skates that I have seen in a long time, all the top pairs delivered.

I think that was one of the best skates I have seen from S/S. It wouldn't be my favourite programme of theirs but today everything was straight from the top drawer, you couldn't argue with those marks. Really impressed with V/T, I thought the pressure would get to them but they really delivered. They really have improved as the season has gone, looking forward to seeing them next year. P/T couldn't reach the highs of yesterday but I do think that was the best I have seem them perform this programme (haven't seen all of their skates this year though). The top 3 were well clear of the rest of the field.

My favourite free still is K/S, they looked a little nervous out there which was understandable after the short. The eurosport guys were saying it was not their best performance and that it lacked the finesse of prior years but I think this years free is a real step up for them. Their performance in the Cup of Russia this year was the best I have ever seen from them. I still think they are a factor as we head towards Sochi. B/L done well, he looked very nervous at the start and it showed but they are definitely rising through the ranks.

Y/C have really put a claim down for the US no. 1 spot, a beautiful performance and well done to them for pulling up to 6th place. Dissapointing for the Japanese but they should be proud to be Top 10, it just wasn't there day, not sure it deserved a score of 100+. Does anyone know how the Italians performed? They have had a very good season.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aniela View Post
    thank you for uploading!
    Me too! This won't be on TV until 8 pm tonight here. That was just Wonderful!!!!

It inspired me to look for Y&C's LP (Russian coverage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Fy6biPB4Q
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-28-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Custom Title
    EuroSport English

Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV RUS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDk8Ft8ARmg

P/T
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB0cubLSFlk
    Last edited by bibi24; 04-28-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Custom Title
    Thank you for the Youtube links, everyone! I fell asleep during the early groups and am just catching up. I'm so happy for Aliona and Robin, and Tatiana and Max as well.

Also, the Ukrainian Figure Skating Federation must be kicking themselves for not having male pairs skaters right now.

Volosozhar and Trankov will become the Patrick Chans of pairs skating in the next couple of years

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Could not be happier for ALiona and Robin. Finally a perfect skate from them. and to come back from 2nd made it all the better.

Custom Title
    I thought the only thing missing from Aliona & Robin's performance today was a pink tail attached to Aliona's costume. It was that perfect!

She spends so much time in the air when they hit 3FTh, I wonder if she ever considers doing another rotation while waiting to come back down on ice.

BTW, Narumi & Tran have kindly earned 2 spots for pairs for Japan, while we have only one pair in the country. Wonder if any other countries are interested in buying a spare spot from us? Of course the money received will be donated to Japanese Red Cross. We have two JWC spots as spare as well.
    Last edited by mot; 04-28-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by mot View Post
    I thought the only thing missing from Aliona & Robin's performance today was a pink tail attached to Aliona's costume. It was that perfect!

She spends so much time in the air when they hit 3FTh, I wonder if she ever considers doing another rotation while waiting to come back down on ice.
    She does 4F in practice.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast