Pairs - Long Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Pairs - Long Program

kensal

Rinkside
Does she?! How awsome is that! I hope we'll see it being nailed at competition one day!

So far, they said it is too much risk and not worht it. But with V/T arrival they might need some new tricks. So who knows;)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
It will be interesting to see how the Germans handle the threat next year when Volosozhar & Trankov inevitably improve even more, putting even more heat on them. Will they rise to the occasion or will they crumble under the pressure like when Shen & Zhou returned last year.

rain

Record Breaker
Volosozhar and Trankov have made me excited about pairs skating again. It has been years. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the great skating of S/S, they've just never done anything for me. But this team is magic, and they have come so far in such a short period of time. I hope next season we see them skate to something that's not such an old warhorse as the Romeo and Juliet they skated to this season. I found this music, particularly at the end, weighed them down and felt ponderous. Can't wait to see them next season!

Congratulations to the two Canadian pairs for an excellent 7th and 8th place. Both pairs skated very creditably, and I'll be interested to see how much improvement they can make heading into next season.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It's honestly mind-blowing to think how good Volosozhar and Trankov could become after getting more experience. If they're this good already they might be greater than Gordeeva and Grinkov. The only reason they wouldn't be wonderful is if they were hampered by injuries, which I hope doesn't happen. I don't remember Tatiana having any injuries when she skated with Stanislav, but I'm not sure about Maxim. It seems like we mostly heard about Maria in his former partnership, lol.

viv

On the Ice
I always was a fan of Savchenko&Szolkowy - and will be in the future -, but Volosozhar&Trankov just blew me away. Not only because of their obvious technical quality, but also because of the joy they expressed on the ice. Especially Maxim looked so confident and absolutely happy with what he was doing - his smile before they started their LP was priceless. I just fell in love with both of them.

(Well, maybe a bit more with Maxim... ;) )

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
So far, they said it is too much risk and not worht it.

The Quad Twist and Quad Throws (and Triple Axel throws) are not properly valued in Pairs skating. Will be interesting if either team starts to include one of those elements, though.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I always was a fan of Savchenko&Szolkowy - and will be in the future -, but Volosozhar&Trankov just blew me away. Not only because of their obvious technical quality, but also because of the joy they expressed on the ice. Especially Maxim looked so confident and absolutely happy with what he was doing - his smile before they started their LP was priceless. I just fell in love with both of them.

(Well, maybe a bit more with Maxim... ;) )

Join the club. I haven't seen Maxim so happy ... ever! The high-five, the hugs, the overall exhaltation.

Generally, they have a really interesting dynamic. I never felt that Tatianna was unhappy skating with Stanislav due to their relationship (unlike M/T's noted difficulties, and given that they predate Vasillev....), but I really like how happy she seems on the ice as well.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes the podium skates were nice and blah blah blah... but Caitlyn and John's LP was inspired. I think I liked it even more than at nationals! :love: I really hope they can keep it together next season, because they are a magical pair.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I think Caitlyn and John are easily the top U.S pair now. Hopefully they can add content and whatever they need to challenge the very top pairs next year.

fairly4

Medalist
congratulations to all medal winners,

congratulations to Yankowsas and Coughlin for coming in 6th. good job.