Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    I think both Kanako and MIki had a good draw. I think Mao/Yuna draw is suiting .....long last wait for return of the Princess/The Queen lol

I guess
    GOLD Yuna
    Silver Miki
    BRonze Mao
    4th Alissa

Custom Title
    As usual Yu Na Kim's competition to win or lose. If she skates a clean short program she will probably open up a mammoth 2 fall or more lead on the rest.

Custom Title
    When does the ladies sp begin?

Funny to see the two Helgesson sisters skating back to back

I am waiting to see how the quiet and partisan Russian crowd reacts to Kanako tomorrow.

If she can't shake them out of their stupor with her SP tomorrow then no one can.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    As usual Yu Na Kim's competition to win or lose. If she skates a clean short program she will probably open up a mammoth 2 fall or more lead on the rest.
    I still think worlds as your first competition is a tall order though. Even for the great Yuna.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    I am waiting to see how the quiet and partisan Russian crowd reacts to Kanako tomorrow.

If she can't shake them out of their stupor with her SP tomorrow then no one can.
    You are wrong. Today at the stadium all russian fs fans were reacted warm and explosively to everyone who deserved it, and people even supported all not the best perfomances.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Funny to see the two Helgesson sisters skating back to back
    When did SWE qualify for 2 spots??? Can't remember the name (anyone) from SWE that make it top 13 last year world.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post

LOL Talk about being frosty crowds!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlepa View Post
    You are wrong. Today at the stadium all russian fs fans were reacted warm and explosively to everyone who deserved it, and people even supported all not the best perfomances.
    I agree. The problem with the men's event was that it was held during the afternoon of a weekday in Russia, which meant that the stadium was far from full for a good portion of the event as most people were presumably at work or in school (this was clearly discernable from the wide shots from CBC coverage--the rink was not full for the longest time). When the rink filled up more, it got much louder--just look at the pairs event, which was held in the evening and was much more full and loud.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    When did SWE qualify for 2 spots??? Can't remember the name (anyone) from SWE that make it top 13 last year world.
    viktoria helgesson was 10th last year

Custom Title
    Could someone educate me on how the draw is done. There are 5 groups of 6 skaters each. Do all 30 skaters pick from one bag, or does each group of 6 skaters pick for their number within their group? I'm assuming the later because all the top skaters have landed in the last 2 groups of 6 which leads me to believe the skaters are first split into their 5 groups and then the skaters draw for their number within that group. If that is how it works, then how are the 5 groups determined?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jatale View Post
    Could someone educate me on how the draw is done. There are 5 groups of 6 skaters each. Do all 30 skaters pick from one bag, or does each group of 6 skaters pick for their number within their group? I'm assuming the later because all the top skaters have landed in the last 2 groups of 6 which leads me to believe the skaters are first split into their 5 groups and then the skaters draw for their number within that group. If that is how it works, then how are the 5 groups determined?
    The draw is done for every top 10 ISU ranked skaters. That is the #1 rank to the #10 rank skaters/teams will be randomly drawn among themselves. Next would be #11 to #20 and so on so forth. The fact that last group had the most highly ranked skaters was partially a random result. In other disciplines, you'll notice some of the #1-4 ranked skaters actually drew to skate in the before last group as opposed to the last group.

Custom Title
    Thank you! That explains it.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast