Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

I will not be able to watch the short program tomorrow because I'll be at school, so I want to wish all the girls the best of luck and hope they all skate clean. Go Miki!

Custom Title
    Can someone estimate what time (local) will Kanako skate tomorrow?

I want to wake up to watch the last two ladies group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruin714 View Post
    Can someone estimate what time (local) will Kanako skate tomorrow?

I want to wake up to watch the last two ladies group.
    You can find it here: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc...meSchedule.pdf.

Custom Title
    Thanks!

Custom Title
    Will people be kind enough to do play-by-plays for the SP? I know the protocols are released soon after the event is over, but I still love reading the reports here! Thanks guys!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I still think worlds as your first competition is a tall order though. Even for the great Yuna.
    I think the long program could be the bigger challenge. The short should still be pretty easy for her. And if she does her usual short program she will have a huge lead on the others based on anything we have seen this season, and that would take some pressure off for the long as she would have more margin for error.

I remember the 98-99 season too when Kwan didnt do any real competition until Worlds other than U.S Nationals which was a super weak field that year (I dont count the stupid pro ams against 40 year old women who cant do any jumps) and everyone still expected her to run away with Worlds, which she probably would have if she didnt have the flu that week.

Custom Title
    I predict that Yuna will win short with a good margin, but splat fest in long due to lack of stamina.

So the final result will be, Miki, Mao, Yuna.( Well, Shinn Amano is here, so maybe, Miki, Yuna, Mao.)

Custom Title
    i hope all skaters will be judged fairly. the last championship(2010) was a awful judging.

Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    i hope all skaters will be judged fairly. the last championship(2010) was a awful judging.
    The word "fair" is thrown around here too often as if objective, incontrovertible marks were possible. We all know that in figure skating, "fair judging" means "judging in the way that I would judge them."

Tripping on the Podium
    Brian Orser is now my favorite Canadian, after Ike.
    Quote Originally Posted by genki View Post
    I predict that Yuna will win short with a good margin, but splat fest in long due to lack of stamina.

So the final result will be, Miki, Mao, Yuna.( Well, Shinn Amano is here, so maybe, Miki, Yuna, Mao.)
    Genki, explain to me how Shinn Amano would affect the order. I don't know anything about him.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean View Post
    Genki, explain to me how Shinn Amano would affect the order. I don't know anything about him.
    Amano is notorious for being an extremely strict caller, even calling many double jumps as underrotated, and having downgraded Mao's triple axels on numerous occasions when others thought it was clean.

Tripping on the Podium
    Brian Orser is now my favorite Canadian, after Ike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colanboy View Post
    Amano is notorious for being an extremely strict caller, even calling many double jumps as underrotated, and having downgraded Mao's triple axels on numerous occasions when others thought it was clean.

Ah ok. Thanks.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I predict
    Yu-na lays it down like a champion
    Mao makes gets a downgrade
    Alissa falls
    Racheal skates well
    Miki is clean
    Murakami charms the crowd and skates well

Custom Title
    I'm gonna watch tonight's Japanese telecst from Sydney via Slingbox. Can't wait!!!
    Nothing new about what I've seen in Yu-Na's SP practice clips, but the 'same-old' Yu-Na is damn good!
    Mao is unpredictable- hence the excitement!
    Miki... well this article quotes her saying "Not going well at all. It's unlikely that I'll do 3/3" hummmm She seemed to be on fire earlier this week no?!

Also go Rachael go Kanako! And Carolina please don't finish too behind as I love your LP so much.
    Last edited by hikki; 04-29-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Tripping on the Podium alfoalfo's Avatar

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast