Ladies - Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Yeah, I thought that was lovely. The step sequence was a little out of place, but she emoted beautifully, and the use of her arms in particular was just gorgeous. I nearly teared up, I won't lie.

"The Mission" is such a seminal piece of music. Miki's interpretation of it is awfully trite to me.

I wish she'd skate to "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" again.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Alissa 3Lz-2T, not much speed coming out of it, 3F almost a hand down but she saves it, nice 2A. She is holding it together this time

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Alissa: 3Lz-2t fine, 2a fine, bit tight on the 3F, may have been UR/hand down, will have to watch replay. At least she's not giving it away. Come on, bring it home Alissa.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alissa CZISNY (USA)

Music: Romance from Violin Concerto in D, op. 35 by Erich W. Korngold
SB: 63.76

3Lz+2T
3F - forward on the landing, but otherwise ok. May get "e"
2A - yes!
FCSp
SlSt
CCoSp - great extension!
LSp - love it

Great performance from Alissa! Finally! I just worry a bit about UR's

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Miki has somehow vastly improved her projection and emoting in that SP starting at the Japanese nationals. But even there and at subsequent competitions, the SP is slightly marred by tiny spin bobbles. But still, such a graceful and moving performance!

Oh dear god aka Yagudin, please don't let Alissa's 3flip get a UR call. Kthanx!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Solid- the 3F needed some saving, otherwise, great job. Must be nice after her bad SP in 2009. =)

And the replay shows she was a bit low, but manages to keep her hands off the ice!

evangeline

Record Breaker
All skaters need to call up Alissa's costume designer to get the name of that illusion mesh she uses.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Yeay Alissa!!

What did Irina say about Americans?
I thought I heard something like Americaine loove..
she probably didn't use the word "love" but I definitely heard Americans..
It was after Alissa's spiral...

aniela

On the Ice
Irina said Miki became a woman, she remember when she was a young girl, she loved smiling and taking autoghaph from famous skaters. She believes that Miki still can do quad salchow, but she don’t want to take the risk. She loved her jumps.

About Czisny: “Look, this is the real American spiral”. She loved Alissa’s spins.

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I can't tell you how many Hair Marys I said while Alisia was skating. And what about those spins.

All good for Alissa except that stumble out of the jump. She finally shook the Worlds demons. Yay! MM must be happy!