Ladies - Short Program | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Lily.Grace

Rinkside
I agree with you; Yu Na's so much better than anyone else! Sure Miki was good, but Yu Na's Giselle is so very dramatic and moving and wow it just gave me goosebumps^^ LOVE HER!!!!And I personally thought her spins were gorgeous!
I'd love to see Alissa on the podium!!!
Too bad for Rachael though, I love her:)
Carolina was mediocre as usual. I don't get why many people say she's incredibly elegant; her Flamenco's definitely not a flamenco...
Seriously, what happened to Mao?! She looks way too thin and her constantly worried expression is scary to watch...I was really shocked to see her like that.
Yuna stepped out on her lutz... really interesting(too bad for her tho).
I think it was her first time she messed up on the first jumps.
But she did good really.
so she did
her 3Lz (with step out - better than falling on her jump XD)
3F+2T
2A
and rest of her components and they were AWESOME.
Miki did great too but not as good as Yuna(jumps except her 3Lz, all of spins, step sequence, speed and choreography).
Some of u guys saying that Miki should've got 1st place, but I actually expected Yuna to get 36ish(ah well my personal thought).

But anyway, free skating will be really interesting. I wanna see whether Miki can lead on her FS (she's so constant in this season so if Yuna makes some mistakes, Y not ?)
oh btw, I feel sorry for Mao... what the hell is happened to her? she's like so thin, no confidence and I could see she got tired during her SP. :(

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
They really need to adress some things. COP, COP...just don't get it if Alissa gets a lesser score for spins, layback vs Yu na. I like mostly everything about Yu na but those things and her foot positions. There is just no way those scores should be close. Alissa is definitely underscored.

I agree alexeifan. I think her coaches should seriously bring this to light.

You bet they will. Jason has served as a technical caller. It is not YuNa's fault that her
spins got scored higher than Alissa's, I blame the judges.

Congrats to YuNa, Miki and Ksneia!!

KKonas

Medalist
Officials Ladies SP - Ref Abbondati (FIN), TC Lynch (AUS), TS Amano (JPN), TS Loriol-Oberwiler (SWI), Panel - Binz-Moser (SWI), Fedchenko UKR), Sancho (SPN), Dimkov (BUL), Rokhin (UZB), Ristanen (FIN), Smidova (CZE), Dolgushin (RUS), Noyes (AUS)

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Yuna with one mistake is better than clean Miki. That is almost universally acknowledged fact. And this wasn't even perfect Miki. She didn't even go for 3/3.

I don't see any controversy here, period. The real controversy is how others were scored so low, and how Russians scored so well.

Tanja90

On the Ice
Yuna's spins
Layback = +1.29 AND FOUR +3.
Combo= +1.14 and THREE +3
Cambel +.71 and ONE +3

Alissa's spins
Layback = +1.21 And only also FOUR +3
Combo = +1.13 AND TWO +3
Camel = +71 and NO +3

THIS IS SO WRONG.

This plus the +1 a judge gave her on her lutz and level 3 with +0.93 on her steps which if you see mao's and carolina's, yuna's steps are average.
Now tell me this isn't score inflation! It's scandalous!

alexeifan

On the Ice
I thought Yuna was so sloppy. It's easy to skate fast when you're sloppy and are not attempting beautiful positions. Miki had complex footwork and beautiful positions. This is figure skating, not speed skating.

yangjie

On the Ice
Yuna with one mistake is better than clean Miki. That is almost universally acknowledged fact. And this wasn't even perfect Miki. She didn't even go for 3/3.

I don't see any controversy here, period. The real controversy is how others were scored so low, and how Russians scored so well.

who are you ?? you have the right to say it??

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Uh no. Ksenia brought it. Yes her tech content was less difcult, but not as much considering Yuna's mistakes today (3T-3T/3L/2A vs 3F-2T/3Z/2A). She was crisp, sharp. Leonova is in freakin fifth place, you're going to go pick on her? She did better than all the people below her and she wasn't scored ahead of the top skaters.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Yuna's spins
Layback = +1.29 AND FOUR +3.
Combo= +1.14 and THREE +3
Cambel +.71 and ONE +3

Alissa's spins
Layback = +1.21 And only also FOUR +3
Combo = +1.13 AND TWO +3
Camel = +71 and NO +3

THIS IS SO WRONG.

Sadly Yuna is getting the same GOE treatment as Chan. "When you're the favorit, you get ++ for everything you didn't screw".The +1 for the Luzt is laughable.

Having said that, I think the placements are OK in my book, I would switch Miki/Yuna, Ksenia/Alissa and Alena/Carolina but all those pairings are basically tied, so its pointless to b*tch about it I guess.

jan

On the Ice
I feel Yu Na should have won but I noticed a few things. She used pumping to get around the ice twice. Brian Orser would never have allowed that. As well she wasn't crisp and very strong in her positions. Much better then everyone else but not as good as last year.

Hikaru

Final Flight
It's just wrong, wrong, wrong! Miki is robbed

ITA with you... I could only watch Yuna's sp without audio as I'm at the office, but her overall body language was different on the ice. The layback had nice variations, but the leg position was really bad. I must see it again with music.

I couldn't see Miki, but her sp has been so gorgeous, that music really suits her.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What happened to her?

Nothing! Just that she did not make the team due to the fact she came in 3rd and there was only 2 spots.

Speaking of spots right now Alissa and Rachel 's placement currently equal = 12. Hoping for solid LP's....Rachel goes last in her group, so this will bode well.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Question: according to the rules, the combo for ladies short must be

Short Program must include a Jump Combination consisting of two jumps:
Senior Men- double and triple or two triple or quadruple and a double or triple;
other categories - double and triple or two triple;
Junior Ladies - double + double combination is also permitted

I took that to mean a 3-2, a 2-3, or a 3-3. Am I correct? If I am, and my interpretation of the following is correct

SP: One or more rev. less than required is GOE -3

That means Phaneufs 2-2 combination should've been -3 . One judge gave her 0 (the rest did give -3, so I suspect my understanding is correct).

So I don't think it's a judge being bribed with Cuban cigars/paychecks (as someone suggested), but simply judges not knowing the rules. Which is also bad.

Last edited:

rockaddie

Spectator
guys, if you just take a look at the protocol, you would know why certain skaters earned higher scores than others. seems like lots of ppl are complaining about yuna's layback. but the truth be told, free leg position isn't the ONLY thing that the judges are looking for in a layback spin. For one thing, she has an incredible back position and the speed at which she spins is pretty impressive.

Also, lots of ppl here seem upset regarding her triple lutz. usually a failed attempt at a triple jump entails UR and it's the underrotation of a jump that can really bring the score down. yuna's triple lutz wasn't downgraded, which meant that she still received full credit for her triple and thanks to the new judging system, the negative GOE wasn't as deadly.