Warm-Up Group 5
25 Miki ANDO JPN
26 Alissa CZISNY USA
27 Kiira KORPI FIN
28 Rachael FLATT USA
29 Mao ASADA JPN
30 Yuna KIM KOR

:)

I always used to think it was the first person in the group that was the unlucky draw. Remember how often Michelle skated first, and they always had to save marks for the others? I guess that's a remnant of 6.0.

Krislite

Medalist
I always used to think it was the first person in the group that was the unlucky draw. Remember how often Michelle skated first, and they always had to save marks for the others? I guess that's a remnant of 6.0.

I meant for her nerves. I think last place still has some sort of judging privilege or advantage.

Miki and Mao don't have the luxury of knowing whether Yuna goes clean, either. Not sure if they'll go for the triple-triples.

cooper

Medalist
I meant for her nerves. I think last place still has some sort of judging privilege or advantage.

Miki and Mao don't have the luxury of knowing whether Yuna goes clean, either. Not sure if they'll go for the triple-triples.

Yes and she hates being last. Yikes! :eek:

Krislite

Medalist
What a coincidence Mao and Yuna are going last and in consecutive orders to boot! Random draw? ;)

Group 4: Murakami if you like cuteness and flutzes. Kostner and Makarova could sneak into the LPs last group. Those two are important in a Russian setting.

Group 5. Lyrical Czisny will follow lyrical Ando - hope it doesn't bother Alissa; Rachel following Korpi should give her a needed boost in confidence;

Asada and Kim are a mixed bag. Asada who has lyrical quality against the bravado of Kim. Pick your choice.

miki88

Medalist
Group 4: Murakami if you like cuteness and flutzes. Kostner and Makarova could sneak into the LPs last group. Those two are important in a Russian setting.

Group 5. Lyrical Czisny will follow lyrical Ando - hope it doesn't bother Alissa; Rachel following Korpi should give her a needed boost in confidence;

Asada and Kim are a mixed bag. Asada who has lyrical quality against the bravado of Kim. Pick your choice.

Lyrical Ando??? Um, she's more of a power skater....

yangjie

On the Ice
how many skaters will try a 3-3?
miki(3S3LO), kanako,korpi,kostner, makarova,elena(3T3T),yuna(3lz3t), and who else?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yuna is last!!!! Wow, the drama.

Joe: that might be the first time I've seen Miki described as lyrical!
However, I agree that Alissa going right after Miki could be a bit scary. However, if Alissa just keeps her head clear, it shouldn't be. She should expect Miki to be great as she has been all season and Alissa just need to concentrate on herself and not worry about the competition. Her goal really just need to be to skate her best and if I were her I would forget about placement. Let Mao, Yuna and Miki feel the pressure of placements. A skater who doesn't have a world medal to defend or reclaim shouldn't worry about it. I'm sure that is the way Rachael and Kanako and others will be thinking and Alissa should to. Hopefully she can enjoy being at worlds.

miki(3S3LO), kanako,korpi,kostner, makarova,elena(3T3T),yuna(3lz3t), and who else?

Rachael?

The 3x3 in Ladies Figure Skating, is like the Quad in Men's. The proof of the pudding is in the taste. Will we see many completed 3x3s that are higher base valued?

Layfan

Record Breaker
The 3x3 in Ladies Figure Skating, is like the Quad in Men's. The proof of the pudding is in the taste. Will we see many completed 3x3s that are higher base valued?

I think we'll see fewer sucessful 3-3s than we did quads in the men's. but that just makes the successful ones all the more exciting. And then there is Mao's 3a. Very exciting.

Hopefully we will see successful difficult 3-3s from Miki and Yuna and great 3as from Mao. That would make a great competition, especially if Yuna and Mao bring their artistic chops :yes:
And Alissa will be at her lyrical loveliest and Rachael will land her 3-3. :thumbsup:

Yuna is last!!!! Wow, the drama.

Joe: that might be the first time I've seen Miki described as lyrical!
Layfan: Well, I was thinking there were many white Swan Queens who are powerhouse technicians but over all present themselves in a lyrical manner. But in Miki's case, I probably made a mistake in thinking that.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I think both Kanako and MIki had a good draw. I think Mao/Yuna draw is suiting ;) .....long last wait for return of the Princess/The Queen lol

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
As usual Yu Na Kim's competition to win or lose. If she skates a clean short program she will probably open up a mammoth 2 fall or more lead on the rest.