Ladies - Short Program | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Yeah not really a surprise. Given that she usually scores in the mid to high 70's, she did technically still lose a ton of points on that program.

The scoring system is different this year and there is no Spiral Sequence anymore. Her SP from the Olympics would have only scored 71 if put into this year's system.

This was a lesser performance + she had an easier combo + she should have received -3 GOE for her solo jump (step out and NO PRECEDING STEPS).

Ridiculous marks.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked Yu Na's program, even with the mistake. I wish she had done the Grand Prix because this imperfect performance is probably the only time we will see it. )-: I missed Miki's and Alissa's programs. So happy for Alissa scoring so well. Mao looked like a stick figure--not good. Sad for Rachael, doubling the lutz. But these scores are really bunched--the long program should be really interesting.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Poor Mao. UR 3a and 3F. Still a threat in the LP though if she really brings it with two 3axels.

Miki should have been 1st by maybe 1-2 points. Kim was disappointing. Sad to say but she didn't look the part and the program was nothing special. Her SP's are usually spectacular. This wasn't it. She left around 7 points off with that faulty 3Lz, it's a shame.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals..
While Yuna goe negative GOE on her 3Z, she got +GOEs all over the place. But what hash are the judges smoking +3 for her layback?!!!! She is getting Alissa-caliber scores for her spins. That is where she was definitely gifted. (She got a higher +GOE than Alissa!!)
Miki got all positive GOE but on +3.
Ksenia had all postive GOE.
Alissa, did get that edge call, cost her 1.2 points and a Level 2 step sequence, otherwise postive GOE on everything else.
Alena, postive GOE on everything
Carolina, bot negative GOE on the 3F fall, but positive everywhere else.
Ouch for Mao DG on the 3A AND a UR on the 3F.
Rachel had the negative GOE on the 2Z, but actually had postive GOE on everything else, and her PCS actually helped her today.
Kiira, had the points off her 3T, but otherwise +GOE on everything else.
Oh Kanako got a UR on her 3T-3T and negative on her 2A (the stepout right?)

herro

On the Ice
I honestly don't see what the huge debate is here.

Yuna did a solo triple lutz which received deductions, and a triple flip double toe combination which was executed well.

Miki did a solo triple loop (lower base value than the lutz), and a triple lutz double loop combination.

In terms of the other technical elements, I would say Yuna was much better (spins, step sequence, etc.).

All in all, it makes sense that Yuna and Miki had similar TES (but do note that Miki beat Yuna here by 2 points which is justifiable given the slightly higher combined difficulty of her jumps).

Yuna definitely deserved a higher PCS (I honestly don't think there would be much argument here. Yuna's just more expressive and polished in her artistry).

So in total, it makes sense to me that Miki and Yuna are virtually tied. If Yuna had done her triple-triple flawlessly, she would probably have gotten around 70-75 which is perfectly justifiable IMO.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So Mao gets a 3F<-2L while Caro gets full credit on hers, which was sooo under-rotated, I saw it live!! I'm so angry, Mao should have been in the final flight. And Miki first

Layfan

Record Breaker
Don't get Yuna being first but I was impressed with her skate given it's the first time she's competed it. I actually really liked the choreo and I thought she did perform it well. It think it's really too bad she didn't compete it before and this might be the best version we'll see of it.

Well, anyway.... I got up just in time to see Alissa!!!
I couldn't believe it I thought I had slept through the whole thing but when I logged on I watched Miki getting her scores and thought yikes Alissa is next!!

I'm so happy for Alissa. Haven't seen Ksensia so I won't say anything about the placement. Just glad Alissa was clean. She must have gotten a edge call or something. All I can say good luck for tomorrow, Alissa!!
Rachael's score was decent despite the doubled lutz. I couldn't believe it! So uncharacteristic of her to make a silly mistake. Now I'm a bit worried because her LP is not the greatest but I hope she nails it and moves up in the standings.
I'm really surprised to see Alena so high up in the standings! Good for her!
What happened to Kanako?????
Ugh Mao. I didn't think her score would be THAT low! I"m crushed to see her so low in the standings but if anyone can leap up, it's her. Btw, the costume was awesome.
Kira was gorgeous. too bad about the fall. not surprised.
I didn't get to watch Miki but I take it she was as solid as she's been most of this season. Even though she is second I think this competition is hers to win.

jatale

On the Ice
The SP just reinforced for me that Yuna, even in her sleep, is in a class all her own. Against a field of competition hardened skaters, she manages to finish first after not skating competitively in over a year! In the warmup she nailed her 3Lz-3T and only her initial nervousness of being on competitive ice after a year long absence prevented her from nailing it in her SP. I think she'll be less nervous tomorrow and should win the LP going away.

herro

On the Ice
Protocals..
While Yuna goe negative GOE on her 3Z, she got +GOEs all over the place. But what hash are the judges smoking +3 for her layback?!!!! She is getting Alissa-caliber scores for her spins. That is where she was definitely gifted. (She got a higher +GOE than Alissa!!)
Miki got all positive GOE but on +3.

Well, Yuna got +1.29 GOE for her layback while Miki got +0.71 GOE for hers. So yea, relatively speaking, I think this makes sense. HOWEVER, I do agree with you that the comparisons don't make sense if we compare Yuna and Miki with Alissa. Alissa deserves like +5 for her layback if the judging system was more fair.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yuna's spins
Layback = +1.29 AND FOUR +3.
Combo= +1.14 and THREE +3
Cambel +.71 and ONE +3

Alissa's spins
Layback = +1.21 And only also FOUR +3
Combo = +1.13 AND TWO +3
Camel = +71 and NO +3

THIS IS SO WRONG.

lavender

Record Breaker
Rachel's pcs probably won't be high for the long. Her short is much, much better than her long. She should probably try to skate to a similar type of program for her long program next year. Well that would be the smart thing to do.

kappa_1

On the Ice
Protocals..

I'm sorry, but all the judges should be dismissed for this. Immediately.

herro

On the Ice
Did Yuna get a +1 for her lutz from one judge???

THIS I don't get (despite being a huge Yuna fan). Could this be an error (I mean are judges allowed to retract their scores later on?)? There's no way a fallout warrants a positive GOE.