Ladies - Short Program | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Surprised YuNa in first. I will have to look at the protocols. She probably would have
scored close to 70 if she did not miss her triple combo. She skated well tho.

Miki and Alissa were my favorites in this group.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
She probably should have done a 3F-3T, as we all know she's capable of... I was hoping she would. Then her 1st rank would have been justified.
Now if she wins the LP, with mistakes over a clean Miki... I'm going to be upset.

lavender

Record Breaker
I was getting use to COP but I still don't like it. Yu na into first.. Well who knows what the long holds. Yu na certainly isn't herself. She usually skates a clean short but not a clean long.

I guess only Michelle Kwan can skip the gp season and still come back and skate 2 clean programs.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I was getting use to COP but I still don't like it. Yu na into first.. Well who knows what the long holds. Yu na certainly isn't herself. She usually skates a clean short but not a clean long.

I guess only Michelle Kwan can skip the gp season and still come back and skat 2 clean programs.

So true!!

Lily.Grace

Rinkside
Of course Yu Na's in first! Even though she stepped out of the lutz, the quality of all the other elements is far superior than Miki's!!!!
Miki was better than usual, but compared to Yu Na.....nothing!
I'm just SO glad Yu Na won the SP!!!!^___________^
I usually like Kanako, but I didn't like her at all, today.
Makarova's overscored, and Czisny's underscored, in my opinion

kappa_1

On the Ice
*comes out of all-nighter woodwork*

I expected Yuna to place somewhere halfway between Ksenia and Miki, yes. The protocols should be interesting. I liked the flow of the program up until the layback spin and footwork section, when it became a victim of yet another BAD Yuna music splice. Given that this was her first performance of the season, I didn't expect all the "Yuna spark" to be there. Perspective, people! Anyway she was overscored but did people really think that would change this year?

The LP should be interesting. 3rd to 6th place is kind of the head case section, so I wouldn't be too worried if I were Mao or Rachael.

Of course I want everyone to skate her best though!

Also apart from last year's Olympics and 2009 Worlds, when has Yuna ever delivered a clean program at a major? Not very often! There is a Yuna-never-messes-up myth that's still abound. She is human. A ridiculously talented human, but human nonetheless.

I accepted that Miki would win Worlds midway through the GP season, but anything can happen, I feel like Yuna can win on PCS in the LP even if she messes up a little. I'm glad she can at least give Miki some competition. I will be tuning in tomorrow!

Last edited:

katymay

Medalist
OMG I think Mao has some problems....I mean she's waaaayyyy too thin!!! O_______O

Every time I see her she disappears a little more. Now it would seem her muscle mass has been depleted. She has little energy, jumps are barely clearing the ice. Perhaps she thinks if she were as thin as Yuna...but Yuna has always been slight, Mao wasn't. Today, it was hard to even look at Mao. Tragic.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It's practically a tie between the 1st and 2nd, again between 3rd and 4th, and yet again between 5th and 6th. But there are not two sets of medals.

Is Mr. Amano going to get death threats again?

lavender

Record Breaker
Well it's anyone's game...kind of. Mao is still in the hunt to medal with all the scores being so close.

jaylee

Medalist
Yu-Na deservedly got negative GOE on her opening lutz across the board, all -2 and two -3 (with just one negative one). Ironically, the reduced factoring of GOE helped her here because the error would have cost her like -2.1 last year if my math is correct? and it cost her -1.50 here. and that gave her the lead over Miki. Otherwise Miki would've won