Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

OMG I think Mao has some problems....I mean she's waaaayyyy too thin!!! O_______O

Custom Title
    I was getting use to COP but I still don't like it. Yu na into first.. Well who knows what the long holds. Yu na certainly isn't herself. She usually skates a clean short but not a clean long.

I guess only Michelle Kwan can skip the gp season and still come back and skate 2 clean programs.
    Last edited by lavender; 04-29-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    It's just wrong, wrong, wrong! Miki is robbed
    Miki isn't the only one robbed...Kanoko? Rachael?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Yes, but she stepped out of her opening 3Lz. There was no way Yu-Na was going to be able to tack on the back half of her planned 3Lz-3T.
    I know, I'm just saying it counts as two mistakes not just one. To me anyway! Bad lutz and missed 3-3.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    Miki isn't the only one robbed...Kanoko? Rachael?
    Well Rachael doubled a lutz with is a pretty big point loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily.Grace View Post
    OMG I think Mao has some problems....I mean she's waaaayyyy too thin!!! O_______O
    I noticed how thin she was too.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I was getting use to COP but I still don't like it. Yu na into first.. Well who knows what the long holds. Yu na certainly isn't herself. She usually skates a clean short but not a clean long.

I guess only Michelle Kwan can skip the gp season and still come back and skat 2 clean programs.
    So true!!

Of course Yu Na's in first! Even though she stepped out of the lutz, the quality of all the other elements is far superior than Miki's!!!!
    Miki was better than usual, but compared to Yu Na.....nothing!
    I'm just SO glad Yu Na won the SP!!!!^___________^
    I usually like Kanako, but I didn't like her at all, today.
    Makarova's overscored, and Czisny's underscored, in my opinion

Custom Title
    *comes out of all-nighter woodwork*

I expected Yuna to place somewhere halfway between Ksenia and Miki, yes. The protocols should be interesting. I liked the flow of the program up until the layback spin and footwork section, when it became a victim of yet another BAD Yuna music splice. Given that this was her first performance of the season, I didn't expect all the "Yuna spark" to be there. Perspective, people! Anyway she was overscored but did people really think that would change this year?

The LP should be interesting. 3rd to 6th place is kind of the head case section, so I wouldn't be too worried if I were Mao or Rachael.

Of course I want everyone to skate her best though!

Also apart from last year's Olympics and 2009 Worlds, when has Yuna ever delivered a clean program at a major? Not very often! There is a Yuna-never-messes-up myth that's still abound. She is human. A ridiculously talented human, but human nonetheless.

I accepted that Miki would win Worlds midway through the GP season, but anything can happen, I feel like Yuna can win on PCS in the LP even if she messes up a little. I'm glad she can at least give Miki some competition. I will be tuning in tomorrow!
    Last edited by kappa_1; 04-29-2011 at 09:04 AM.

The protocols are up: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SP_Scores.pdf
    Let the Miki/ Kim analyzing begin!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily.Grace View Post
    Every time I see her she disappears a little more. Now it would seem her muscle mass has been depleted. She has little energy, jumps are barely clearing the ice. Perhaps she thinks if she were as thin as Yuna...but Yuna has always been slight, Mao wasn't. Today, it was hard to even look at Mao. Tragic.

Custom Title
    It's practically a tie between the 1st and 2nd, again between 3rd and 4th, and yet again between 5th and 6th. But there are not two sets of medals.

Is Mr. Amano going to get death threats again?

Custom Title
    Well it's anyone's game...kind of. Mao is still in the hunt to medal with all the scores being so close.

Custom Title
    Yu-Na deservedly got negative GOE on her opening lutz across the board, all -2 and two -3 (with just one negative one). Ironically, the reduced factoring of GOE helped her here because the error would have cost her like -2.1 last year if my math is correct? and it cost her -1.50 here. and that gave her the lead over Miki. Otherwise Miki would've won

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast