Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    Rachel's pcs probably won't be high for the long. Her short is much, much better than her long. She should probably try to skate to a similar type of program for her long program next year. Well that would be the smart thing to do.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hybfc View Post
    a judge gave +1 to yuna's lutz. unbelievable
    I was about to say WTH?!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Protocals..
    While Yuna goe negative GOE on her 3Z, she got +GOEs all over the place. But what hash are the judges smoking +3 for her layback?!!!! She is getting Alissa-caliber scores for her spins. That is where she was definitely gifted. (She got a higher +GOE than Alissa!!)
    I'm sorry, but all the judges should be dismissed for this. Immediately.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    she should have received -3 GOE for her solo jump (step out and NO PRECEDING STEPS).
    Good point.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Did Yuna get a +1 for her lutz from one judge???
    THIS I don't get (despite being a huge Yuna fan). Could this be an error (I mean are judges allowed to retract their scores later on?)? There's no way a fallout warrants a positive GOE.

Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Well, Yuna got +1.29 GOE for her layback while Miki got +0.71 GOE for hers. So yea, relatively speaking, I think this makes sense. HOWEVER, I do agree with you that the comparisons don't make sense if we compare Yuna and Miki with Alissa. Alissa deserves like +5 for her layback if the judging system was more fair.
    I don't Yuna's spins are that much better than Miki's though.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Did Yuna get a +1 for her lutz from one judge???
    So it seems..

Custom Title
    Wow, Yu-Na got higher GOE than Alissa on spins?

AND LOL @ that judge who gave her a +1 on her 3Lz. Omgosh...

I could comment on each and everyone of them, but I will generalize on the competitors in the last two Groups.

Miki skated the best of the lot, Clean on all required elements; and yes, she is lyrical.
    Alissa skates the same as she did in the GPs. Lovely, but very methodical. the hand down didn't help.
    Mao - a good skate, but the 2ft landing on the 3A didn't help. I thought she was underscored overall.
    Yuna - It was not her best. No excitement, and the stepout didn't help. Reputation played here.

Kostner - So lovely but she is not exempt from Falling. Some skaters are but not her.
    Makarova - The Russians are looking for a podium finish. Take her seriously.
    Leonova - She a grown woman now, the cutsey shouldn't work and it is not half as good a Murakami.

If I were Alissa, I'd file a complaint over those spin scores. Ridiculous.

I enjoyed Alissa's SP a lot and thought she could be placed a few spots higher. I feel bad that Mao was dropped so harshly...I expected a higher score for her, myself.

But. I am just over the moon for YuNa! She was very nervous going into her 3-3. She looked far more tentative and a little slower than usual.

YuNa's performance today was not her greatest and the program itself is largely forgettable. Miki's SP was lovely. But - choreographically, Miki's program is slow and pleasant and also forgettable, plus she frontloads her jumps.

Yay, it's off to the LP for the final fight!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kappa_1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but all the judges should be dismissed for this. Immediately.
    The judging needs to be on a more relative scale. Now, they just see each element and assign GOEs as each skater performs their elements, but the judges need to keep in mind that scores need to be relatively comparable... Yuna's GOEs make sense (IMO) when we compare them to Miki (which I guess makes sense from a judging standpoint because they are the main competitors for the gold here...), but BOTH Yuna's and Miki's scores do not make sense if we compare their GOEs to some of the other skaters.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Okay, the GOE for Yuna's layback is just......

Custom Title
    They really need to adress some things. COP, COP...just don't get it if Alissa gets a lesser score for spins, layback vs Yu na. I like mostly everything about Yu na but those things and her foot positions. There is just no way those scores should be close. Alissa is definitely underscored.

I agree alexeifan. I think her coaches should seriously bring this to light.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I don't Yuna's spins are that much better than Miki's though.
    I mean, yea her spins aren't fantastic, but I think the difference in spin qualities between Yuna and Miki warrant the 0.31 GOE difference between them (again only comparing these two skaters in isolation).

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast