Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Yu-Na deservedly got negative GOE on her opening lutz across the board, all -2 and two -3 (with just one negative one). Ironically, the reduced factoring of GOE helped her here because the error would have cost her like -2.1 last year if my math is correct? and it cost her -1.50 here. and that gave her the lead over Miki. Otherwise Miki would've won
    Very good point. But at the same time, Kim lost out on an even bigger +GOE on her other elements, especially the jumps. Her jumps are as huge and cover that massive gulf they always did, she deservedly gets good +GOE on them, but it's converted to less of a point advantage with the reduced factoring. Her spins are fast, crisp and controlled (whereas Miki's spins are a bit wobbly). While Miki really elevated her presentation, Yuna is projecting as hard as ever and her basic skating is better than Miki's.

I looked at the protocols, and I really don't have a problem with the scores as they are. Yuna's base values are 28.5 to Miki's 28.7. A stepout on a jump is supposed to get -2 to -3, which converts to a -1.4 to -2.1. However, judges are supposed to start with the positive GOE first, then do the subtractions to end with the final GOE. Yuna's 3lutz was fully rotated and more massive than ever before the stepout (maybe its size was the reason she stepped out). The judges still gave her more than -2 on the element, resulting in a -1.5 point loss. Her PCS deserves to be higher than Miki. And when you put it all together, she's in first by a hair. It's completely consistent with the rules.

Custom Title
    What did Alissa do wrong so that her SlSt received only level 2?

This is so disappointing.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    They really need to adress some things. COP, COP...just don't get it if Alissa gets a lesser score for spins, layback vs Yu na. I like mostly everything about Yu na but those things and her foot positions. There is just no way those scores should be close. Alissa is definitely underscored.
    Granted Alissa lost a few points with the wacky flip and a Level 2 step sequence. However, if Yuna gets all these +3 on her spins, Alissa should have had even more, that would've boosted her score by at least 2 points, putting her ahead of Ksenia.

Custom Title
    She's gotten level 2s this year because she didn't meet all the requirements, this probably happened here.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    I honestly don't see what the huge debate is here.

Yuna did a solo triple lutz which received deductions, and a triple flip double toe combination which was executed well.
    Her Triple Lutz did not receive enough of a deduction and her spins were overscored.

Custom Title
    thats why we hate yuna.
    everytime she skates, there are starange points in her jugde!!!!!

On the Ice
    Yuna stepped out on her lutz... really interesting(too bad for her tho).
    I think it was her first time she messed up on the first jumps.
    But she did good really.
    so she did
    her 3Lz (with step out - better than falling on her jump XD)
    3F+2T
    2A
    and rest of her components and they were AWESOME.
    Miki did great too but not as good as Yuna(jumps except her 3Lz, all of spins, step sequence, speed and choreography).
    Some of u guys saying that Miki should've got 1st place, but I actually expected Yuna to get 36ish(ah well my personal thought).

But anyway, free skating will be really interesting. I wanna see whether Miki can lead on her FS (she's so constant in this season so if Yuna makes some mistakes, Y not ?)
    oh btw, I feel sorry for Mao... what the hell is happened to her? she's like so thin, no confidence and I could see she got tired during her SP. :(

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    thats why we hate yuna.
    everytime she skates, there are starange points in her jugde!!!!!
    RARRR! rawrrrrrrrrrr me so angry!!! anger blinds my ability to type

skating philosopher
    I'm sorry, I love Yuna -- but she did not have the same attack she usually does. She was definitely gifted on the spins and they were way higher, even when considering them next to Miki's

Layback = .49 vs 1.29
    Flying sit spin = .79 vs .71
    Combo sin = .5 vs 1.14

Yuna's should be higher but not by that much. And the gap Miki does have on the flying sit spin should be a little higher..

Custom Title
    Majorly underscored: Kanako. Her 10th place is disgusting,with Korpi, Kostner, Flatt ahead of her. I pray tomorrow she skates her best! Mao's LP is a beauty and I still have hopes for a medal since the scores are so close.

I am a big Miki fan but she still skates slow so I don't mind Yuna getting higher PCS. As for spins, Miki really worked hard on getting good positions. So I guess good positions don't matter I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Rachel's pcs probably won't be high for the long. Her short is much, much better than her long. She should probably try to skate to a similar type of program for her long program next year. Well that would be the smart thing to do.
    There is a lot natural talent in Figure Skating. Rachael has little: not the best body type; not able to contort her spins; not eager to please the audience. But she is remarkable in she does without these attributes.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    A stepout on a jump is supposed to get -2 to -3, which converts to a -1.4 to -2.1. However, judges are supposed to start with the positive GOE first, then do the subtractions to end with the final GOE. Yuna's 3lutz was fully rotated and more massive than ever before the stepout (maybe its size was the reason she stepped out).
    You are required to put preceding steps/turns before your solo jump in the Short Program. Yu-Na's 3Lutz deserved -3 GOE across the board for having no preceding transition + the mistake.

Custom Title
    Wow...I don't like Yu na's overscoring but hate. The problem is these ridiculous judges. These judges need to be held accountable. Things should be brought to their attention and corrected.

Yuna stepped out on her lutz... really interesting(too bad for her tho).
    I think it was her first time she messed up on the first jumps.
    Yu na usually messes up in the long. The only time was at the Olympics…go figure. Her shorts are usually clean and awesome.
    Last edited by lavender; 04-29-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast