Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

I agree with you; Yu Na's so much better than anyone else! Sure Miki was good, but Yu Na's Giselle is so very dramatic and moving and wow it just gave me goosebumps^^ LOVE HER!!!!And I personally thought her spins were gorgeous!
    I'd love to see Alissa on the podium!!!
    Too bad for Rachael though, I love her
    Carolina was mediocre as usual. I don't get why many people say she's incredibly elegant; her Flamenco's definitely not a flamenco...
    Seriously, what happened to Mao?! She looks way too thin and her constantly worried expression is scary to watch...I was really shocked to see her like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel1406 View Post
    Yuna stepped out on her lutz... really interesting(too bad for her tho).
    I think it was her first time she messed up on the first jumps.
    But she did good really.
    so she did
    her 3Lz (with step out - better than falling on her jump XD)
    3F+2T
    2A
    and rest of her components and they were AWESOME.
    Miki did great too but not as good as Yuna(jumps except her 3Lz, all of spins, step sequence, speed and choreography).
    Some of u guys saying that Miki should've got 1st place, but I actually expected Yuna to get 36ish(ah well my personal thought).

But anyway, free skating will be really interesting. I wanna see whether Miki can lead on her FS (she's so constant in this season so if Yuna makes some mistakes, Y not ?)
    oh btw, I feel sorry for Mao... what the hell is happened to her? she's like so thin, no confidence and I could see she got tired during her SP. :(

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    They really need to adress some things. COP, COP...just don't get it if Alissa gets a lesser score for spins, layback vs Yu na. I like mostly everything about Yu na but those things and her foot positions. There is just no way those scores should be close. Alissa is definitely underscored.

I agree alexeifan. I think her coaches should seriously bring this to light.
    You bet they will. Jason has served as a technical caller. It is not YuNa's fault that her
    spins got scored higher than Alissa's, I blame the judges.

Congrats to YuNa, Miki and Ksneia!!

Custom Title
    Officials Ladies SP - Ref Abbondati (FIN), TC Lynch (AUS), TS Amano (JPN), TS Loriol-Oberwiler (SWI), Panel - Binz-Moser (SWI), Fedchenko UKR), Sancho (SPN), Dimkov (BUL), Rokhin (UZB), Ristanen (FIN), Smidova (CZE), Dolgushin (RUS), Noyes (AUS)

Yuna with one mistake is better than clean Miki. That is almost universally acknowledged fact. And this wasn't even perfect Miki. She didn't even go for 3/3.

I don't see any controversy here, period. The real controversy is how others were scored so low, and how Russians scored so well.

Custom Title
    LP skate order now up
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/SEG007.HTM

On last group Miki skates First, Ksenia last...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yuna's spins
    Layback = +1.29 AND FOUR +3.
    Combo= +1.14 and THREE +3
    Cambel +.71 and ONE +3

Alissa's spins
    Layback = +1.21 And only also FOUR +3
    Combo = +1.13 AND TWO +3
    Camel = +71 and NO +3

THIS IS SO WRONG.
    This plus the +1 a judge gave her on her lutz and level 3 with +0.93 on her steps which if you see mao's and carolina's, yuna's steps are average.
    Now tell me this isn't score inflation! It's scandalous!

I thought Yuna was so sloppy. It's easy to skate fast when you're sloppy and are not attempting beautiful positions. Miki had complex footwork and beautiful positions. This is figure skating, not speed skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Yuna with one mistake is better than clean Miki. That is almost universally acknowledged fact. And this wasn't even perfect Miki. She didn't even go for 3/3.

I don't see any controversy here, period. The real controversy is how others were scored so low, and how Russians scored so well.
    who are you ?? you have the right to say it??

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post

Uh no. Ksenia brought it. Yes her tech content was less difcult, but not as much considering Yuna's mistakes today (3T-3T/3L/2A vs 3F-2T/3Z/2A). She was crisp, sharp. Leonova is in freakin fifth place, you're going to go pick on her? She did better than all the people below her and she wasn't scored ahead of the top skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yuna's spins
    Layback = +1.29 AND FOUR +3.
    Combo= +1.14 and THREE +3
    Cambel +.71 and ONE +3

Alissa's spins
    Layback = +1.21 And only also FOUR +3
    Combo = +1.13 AND TWO +3
    Camel = +71 and NO +3

THIS IS SO WRONG.
    Sadly Yuna is getting the same GOE treatment as Chan. "When you're the favorit, you get ++ for everything you didn't screw".The +1 for the Luzt is laughable.

Having said that, I think the placements are OK in my book, I would switch Miki/Yuna, Ksenia/Alissa and Alena/Carolina but all those pairings are basically tied, so its pointless to b*tch about it I guess.

Custom Title
    Um, I'm certain the +1 for the lutz was a mistake. It happens. and it was thrown out.

Custom Title
    I feel Yu Na should have won but I noticed a few things. She used pumping to get around the ice twice. Brian Orser would never have allowed that. As well she wasn't crisp and very strong in her positions. Much better then everyone else but not as good as last year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Blades, she had steps before her flip. All you need is steps before a jump, not the solo jump.
    No, the solo jump must be preceded by steps. I too was wondering about this but I checked the rulebook (see page 13): http://www5.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page...-0-file,00.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    It's just wrong, wrong, wrong! Miki is robbed
    ITA with you... I could only watch Yuna's sp without audio as I'm at the office, but her overall body language was different on the ice. The layback had nice variations, but the leg position was really bad. I must see it again with music.

I couldn't see Miki, but her sp has been so gorgeous, that music really suits her.

Tripping on the Podium
    Brian Orser is now my favorite Canadian, after Ike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I miss Mirai :(
    What happened to her?

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast