Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean View Post
    What happened to her?
    Nothing! Just that she did not make the team due to the fact she came in 3rd and there was only 2 spots.

Speaking of spots right now Alissa and Rachel 's placement currently equal = 12. Hoping for solid LP's....Rachel goes last in her group, so this will bode well.

Custom Title
    Question: according to the rules, the combo for ladies short must be

Short Program must include a Jump Combination consisting of two jumps:
    Senior Men- double and triple or two triple or quadruple and a double or triple;
    other categories - double and triple or two triple;
    Junior Ladies - double + double combination is also permitted
    I took that to mean a 3-2, a 2-3, or a 3-3. Am I correct? If I am, and my interpretation of the following is correct

SP: One or more rev. less than required is GOE -3
    That means Phaneufs 2-2 combination should've been -3 . One judge gave her 0 (the rest did give -3, so I suspect my understanding is correct).

So I don't think it's a judge being bribed with Cuban cigars/paychecks (as someone suggested), but simply judges not knowing the rules. Which is also bad.
    Last edited by ImaginaryPogue; 04-29-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Rinkside
    guys, if you just take a look at the protocol, you would know why certain skaters earned higher scores than others. seems like lots of ppl are complaining about yuna's layback. but the truth be told, free leg position isn't the ONLY thing that the judges are looking for in a layback spin. For one thing, she has an incredible back position and the speed at which she spins is pretty impressive.

Also, lots of ppl here seem upset regarding her triple lutz. usually a failed attempt at a triple jump entails UR and it's the underrotation of a jump that can really bring the score down. yuna's triple lutz wasn't downgraded, which meant that she still received full credit for her triple and thanks to the new judging system, the negative GOE wasn't as deadly.

What happened to her?
    She got married this moring..

Custom Title
    What happened to her?
    Nothing, it's just that I found Rachel very uninspiring(to say at least) and I am very sorry that Mirai didn't make the world team. She could have won the SP here.

Custom Title
    Thanks evangeline, I actually just double checked that. That stated, I have yet to see that rule applied.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    I thought Yuna was so sloppy. It's easy to skate fast when you're sloppy and are not attempting beautiful positions. Miki had complex footwork and beautiful positions. This is figure skating, not speed skating.
    ITA. For all those peoples keep saying Yuna w 2-3 mistakes is better than the rest of others because she travels at the speed of light... Too bad she didnèt join the speed skating too....would have gotten another Gold...

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by rockaddie View Post
    guys, if you just take a look at the protocol, you would know why certain skaters earned higher scores than others. seems like lots of ppl are complaining about yuna's layback. but the truth be told, free leg position isn't the ONLY thing that the judges are looking for in a layback spin. For one thing, she has an incredible back position and the speed at which she spins is pretty impressive.

Also, lots of ppl here seem upset regarding her triple lutz. usually a failed attempt at a triple jump entails UR and it's the underrotation of a jump that can really bring the score down. yuna's triple lutz wasn't downgraded, which meant that she still received full credit for her triple and thanks to the new judging system, the negative GOE wasn't as deadly.
    But Alissa has MORE speed. And she keeps it throughout the spin. Yuna starts to lose it when she does her bielman. Same with the other spins. Alissa is below Yuna in +GOE in all the spins. That is not right.

Technical question: is there a factor used in GOE? If so, Yuna did get a -1.5 on her 3Z which woudl be reasonable if there was a .5 factor.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    ITA. For all those peoples keep saying Yuna w 2-3 mistakes is better than the rest of others because she travels at the speed of light... Too bad she didnèt join the speed skating too....would have gotten another Gold...
    ya I mean it was so sloppy I thought she looked like she went back to skating like how she did in her junior worlds days. I expected she was going to improve a lot more but she has degressed imo. I think it shows Orser was a great coach, and I agree with the other poster who said Orser would never allowed her pumping twice like that. It's sad, I was watching and asked myself how could this be the same skater who was so brilliant in the lp at the Olympics.

Custom Title
    I'm just going to hope Yuna is less sloppy in her LP since, I mean, she's clearly going to win and the internet is going to get ugly if that skate is anything like this one.

The stage was set for Yuna to blow everyone out of the water, but now all top 10 skaters have realistic shot at podium. Tomorrow is going to be absolutely exciting Rachel Flatt was correct when she said that this Worlds would be won by a skater who fights the hardest.

Alissa had the best spins of the night no doubt about it, she should have had the highest scores. There should be a complaint filed, it is so obvious.

Custom Title
    Since there is no Canadian judge in this event, the Canadian federation paid off all the judges. That explains everything.

So does Mr. Amano need full time security now?

Mao got a downgrade and an UR, with her 3A worth only 2.09. Her PCS is 3rd, 2.20 lower than Yuna's.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Wait, I didn't read every single comment here but I don't think people are saying that the only distinguishing factor between Yuna and Miki is speed. Yea, Yuna skates with more speed but she has the overall package in artistry. I don't think anyone can deny that Yuna skates with elegance and style.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I was getting use to COP but I still don't like it. Yu na into first.. Well who knows what the long holds. Yu na certainly isn't herself. She usually skates a clean short but not a clean long.

I guess only Michelle Kwan can skip the gp season and still come back and skate 2 clean programs.
    I guess only Michelle Kwan can skip the gp season after winning the Olympic Gold Medal and still come back and skate 2 clean programs.

Oh wait!

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast