Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    Now the big question is will Mao will be able to bounce back to the podium.... Gold/Silver is appearently out of reach....but she can still salvage bronze if she skates like in 4CC. Or will the Russian skaters will be held up for podium...

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Hmm. The fight for bronze is so tight. I wish I could comment more on the placements but I got to watch from Alissa on. Did Caro and Alena really deserve to be just three points behind Alissa and Ksenia?

Anyway, I can't be too fussed. Just hope Alissa and Rachael do well tomorrow at this point. Then maybe I can get all outraged about placements

Yuna's SP was no Dance Macabre or James Bond. But still, I enjoyed it. I definitely don't buy her getting higher scores for spins that Alissa. Alissa's spins looked so good today.
    I have to watch Miki to really jump into the debate but knowing those two skaters, it makes sense to me that Yuna would score higher on PCS and higher on nonjump elements.
    But Miki's combo was harder than Yuna's and while Miki's solo jump was easier Yuna's solo jump wasn't well done. I don't know. They're tied. I still think it's a tough order for Yuna to pull out an great LP with worlds being her first competition and that Miki will win if she's clean. On the other hand, it's clear the judges think Yuna can afford a mistake or two.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    You are required to put preceding steps/turns before your solo jump in the Short Program. Yu-Na's 3Lutz deserved -3 GOE across the board for having no preceding transition + the mistake.
    A mohawk is a step as specified by the rules, and she changes edges a couple of times before entering that. It's not an intricate entry into the 3lutz, but she absolutely did do her 3lutz right after executing a step as defined by the rules.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Now the big question is will Mao will be able to bounce back to the podium.... Gold/Silver is appearently out of reach....but she can still salvage bronze if she skates like in 4CC. Or will the Russian skaters will be held up for podium...
    I believed we all learned our lesson last season: never count Mao out! If she skates clean tomorrow, there's no one with the content to knock her off the podium!

Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Wait, I didn't read every single comment here but I don't think people are saying that the only distinguishing factor between Yuna and Miki is speed. Yea, Yuna skates with more speed but she has the overall package in artistry. I don't think anyone can deny that Yuna skates with elegance and style.
    I usually would agree with you. But this was not a good example of this. When you stack this against any of this against her previous programs, the packaing falls wayshort. Giselle is not about elegance. Giselle is not elegant. She is a peasant girl that fought for her lover from evil spirits. This program would be perfect for Yuna if she did it with her usual attack. I did not see that.

While some would argue using The MIssion is contrite, at least Miki tried to adjust her positions, expressions for the music.

If you want to see a good packing of Giselle, I would say re-watch Yukari Nakano's! Oh...I miss that girl.

There is not a huge gap between the top ten. Anyone can win or medal, it will be exciting for sure. Can't wait.

Off to the Short Dance thread.

On the Ice
    god... y pp are whining about Yuna's so called "not enough deduction"?
    she's got all the rotations(it's a bit strange considering the fact that normally step out or two foot landing occur with under-rotation)
    But anyway, somehow she rotated fully(I will watch the video again to see whether she rotated more - I'm guessing that might be a reason she stepped out) -_- f

And yeh the point is Yuna surely deserves a deduction on her 3Lz for stepping out but not for under-rotation...
    (and in fact her 3Lz was so huge for sure XD too bad she stepped out... wat ashame...)

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel1406 View Post
    It's just a discussion. Skating fans always discuss event results. Let's not whine about other people whining, hehe. I'm happy!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    There is not a huge gap between the top ten. Anyone can win or medal, it will be exciting for sure. Can't wait.

Off to the Short Dance thread.
    hmm. If Yuna or Miki don't win it'll be because they seriously messed up. I think the fight is tight for bronze. Maybe a surprise for silver but it'll be because Yuna or Miki messed up. But you can't count anyone out for bronze at this point.

Tripping on the Podium
    Brian Orser is now my favorite Canadian, after Ike.
    Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    thats why we hate yuna.
    everytime she skates, there are starange points in her jugde!!!!!
    Who is this we? Are you a Siamese twin.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1406 View Post
    she's got all the rotations(it's a bit strange considering the fact that normally step out or two foot landing occur with under-rotation)
    But anyway, somehow she rotated fully(I will watch the video again to see whether she rotated more - I'm guessing that might be a reason she stepped out) -_- f

And yeh the point is Yuna surely deserves a deduction on her 3Lz for stepping out but not for under-rotation...
    (and in fact her 3Lz was so huge for sure XD too bad she stepped out... wat ashame...)
    I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone is whining here. It's called analysis. There's a difference. Just because we're not all happy your favorite skater won and we're questioning it does not = whining for no reason.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 04-29-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    mao dosent looks fine, maybe she is injured or got cough.
    in this case, mao dose not have any chances to get a medal.
    i am very very sorry to her. what happend to her ??

Custom Title
    The only thing that I have a problem with is Yu na's spins and layback scores vs Alissa. I don’t know if I have a problem with Yu na being first. I think I’m okay with that.
    Last edited by lavender; 04-29-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    hmm. If Yuna or Miki don't win it'll be because they seriously messed up. I think the fight is tight for bronze. Maybe a surprise for silver but it'll be because Yuna or Miki messed up. But you can't count anyone out for bronze at this point.
    I don't know, I think Alissa could sneak in there. You and I both know that Alissa's LP is gorgeous. But yeah, given all the drama that happened in the men's LP, the bronze is definitely not locked in. (Men's medalists positions after SP 1, 6, 4)

Miki's SP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1cDmZi8r7s

She actually didn't skate that slow. I thought she skated beautifully.

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast