Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 694

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

  1. #616
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,197
    at least Yuna didn't exactly bomb today like "many" predicted (maybe on her lp, who knows) but i'm happy at least she fought for it.

  2. #617
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,375
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Kanako score is a little low. Didnèt see her skate so canèt comment on the downgrade on her 3T+3T... but I am sure she will bring it home in the FS... and can move up the ranking a few spots. I donèt see either Korppi, Kostner or the two Russians skating clean...given what they had deliver so far...

    Right now Cizney has the best chances of fighting for bronze, but she has to stay on her feet....its alot of pressure when you know you are only 1-2 away from a medal. Best of luck to all and hope FS is not loaded splats/drama like in men FS... LOL
    I think Czisny is in a good place. She's right outside of medal contention, as someone mentioned somewhere, she seems to do well when she's not first. She doesn't have it as bad as Mirai does when she's in first (see GPF where she dropped from 1st to 3rd in the LP but still managed to win), but clearly she seems well-suited to do the "fighter" position. Gracefully, of course.

  3. #618
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Kanako score is a little low. Didnèt see her skate so canèt comment on the downgrade on her 3T+3T... but I am sure she will bring it home in the FS... and can move up the ranking a few spots. I donèt see either Korppi, Kostner or the two Russians skating clean...given what they had deliver so far...

    Right now Cizney has the best chances of fighting for bronze, but she has to stay on her feet....its alot of pressure when you know you are only 1-2 away from a medal. Best of luck to all and hope FS is not loaded splats/drama like in men FS... LOL
    If you didn't see her skate how can you be sure her score was a little low?

    Not saying I disagree with you but I did watch the last three groups which gave me a little feeling for how the scoring was going.
    If Kanako had skated after the two Russian girls and Caro her score might have been a bit higher.

    She is still young and her best skating is in the future.

  4. #619
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brian Orser is now my favorite Canadian, after Ike.
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffyJosephNCA View Post
    Yu-Na's SP: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz1HduNbNrM[/url]

    Mao's SP: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3I-diFIjJc[/url]
    Thanks for the links.

    Yuna looked good. Not magical but solid.

    As for Mao, she had her moments but overall, she looked fragile. And with all due respect, what was she thinking with that costume.

    BTW, if someone has a linky for Ando's SP, pls post. TIA.

  5. #620
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    She skates after Ando, Asada and Kim...gonna be interesting.
    I wish Alissa well. For some reason, I don't think she will be rattled with her skating order. When her nerves used to get to her, it seemed like it was an internal issue, not dependent on other skaters. She has really improved on that.

  6. #621
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    The judges did seem to favor Alena and Ksenia's energetic skating and Kanako did bring energy. But she isn't polished enough (and still too new) to get breaks from the judges when she is not clean on her elements.
    These skaters suffer from low PCS, relative to the higher ranked veterans and to their own TES, especially Kanako. Judges' biases are not so evident, or enough.

  7. #622
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    I was surprised how weak Kim's performance was today. Hopefully she was getting the nerves out of her system and will better in the long. Ando skated her best but was still her usual mediocre self. Czisny was undermarked and should have been in 1st place over both Kim and Ando.

  8. #623
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    I wish Alissa well. For some reason, I don't think she will be rattled with her skating order. When her nerves used to get to her, it seemed like it was an internal issue, not dependent on other skaters. She has really improved on that.
    Think it's a good position for her...however, she does skate right after Kim. If Kim really knocks it out of the park, that's a tough act for anyone to follow.

  9. #624
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    These skaters suffer from low PCS, relative to the higher ranked veterans and to their own TES, especially Kanako. Judges' biases are not so evident, or enough.
    To the contrary reputation scoring seemed all too evident today.

  10. #625
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    To the contrary reputation scoring seemed all too evident today.
    So are the judges biased for old favorites or new Russian skaters for political reasons?

  11. #626
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    I haven't had a chance to watch the programs, but thanks, everyone, for the play-by-play commentary.

    Alissa's in fourth? Good for her! Can't wait for YouTube.

    I feel terrible for Mao, who's one of the best and most beautiful skaters out there. So light and lyrical across the ice, and she has jumps and all sorts of wonderful positions as well. I hope she skates lights-out in the long. And she's behind Carolina? What gives?

    I'm relieved that YuNa didn't fall apart, though I'm sorry to hear about the two step-outs. Of course I want everyone to be phenomenal, for selfish reasons as a lover of spectacular skating but also for unselfish ones--so these ladies can feel the satisfaction of having done their best.

    This is becoming excruciating! I hope the Long Program is more orderly and less terrifying.

  12. #627
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I was surprised how weak Kim's performance was today. Hopefully she was getting the nerves out of her system and will better in the long. Ando skated her best but was still her usual mediocre self. Czisny was undermarked and should have been in 1st place over both Kim and Ando.
    Mediocre? Well, being medocire got her into second.

  13. #628
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,094
    To all the women--

    Skate for yourself tomorrow. DO NOT think of medals, or points. Who cares about the judges? They're not the ones training six to eight hours a day. I could care less what they mark you. I want to hear your voice through your performance. As Janet Lynn once said, skating is communicating without words. Talk to us =) We're listening.

  14. #629
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    So are the judges biased for old favorites or new Russian skaters for political reasons?
    "I watched in shock and awe and horror. The new scoring system is as inaccurate and political as the old one."
    Toller Cranston

    I must agree with Toller on this.

  15. #630
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    To all the women--

    Skate for yourself tomorrow. DO NOT think of medals, or points. Who cares about the judges? They're not the ones training six to eight hours a day. I could care less what they mark you. I want to hear your voice through your performance. As Janet Lynn once said, skating is communicating without words. Talk to us =) We're listening.
    Word.

    no one is running away with a win. Anyone can still win. Even yuna was disappointed with her performance today on her latest interview. So, everyone should relax.

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •