Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: ICE DANCE - Short Dance

Custom Title
    Lovely debut by I/K. They really are just wonderful skaters. Personally, I don't think the music helped them much here, though. It kind of bvrought them down.

Hmm, scores seem a little high, but they were technically very good. Maybe I'm just a little biased, but it seems W/P were a tad undermarked here.

Custom Title
    W/P should have been in 3rd.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    B/S also had a dramatic program, which I liked better. I love, love, love Elena, but Nikita is such a weak link. His lack of stamina and control causes him to fall out of unison with Elena, which is a major criteria in each of the 5 PCS for ice dancing. So I'm not surprised they're behind B/S because of the PCS.

Custom Title
    Yeah!

Custom Title
    I agree W/P should be 3rd at this point. Think they were hurt by being the 3rd Can team and having to go through the qualifying round. There has not been much said about them compared to the teams ahead of them.

Custom Title
    yes!!!!!!!!

Medalist
    Judges decided medals and placements today

Tripping on the Podium
    Barred major disaster, I think we have our podium in exact the same order. While the battle below 3rd place raises questions, I don't think it really matters in the end.

I can't seem to find the placements on the ISU site. Does anyone have them?

Custom Title
    W/P and C/P were the only 2 teams in the town 10 to not get SBs. Think that says alot about the judging! Cause for me they both gave their best international skates here!

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    I can't seem to find the placements on the ISU site. Does anyone have them?
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/SEG010.HTM

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackie View Post
    W/P and C/P were the only 2 teams in the town 10 to not get SBs. Think that says alot about the judging! Cause for me they both gave their best international skates here!
    well, W/P - yes. but Vanessa messed up her twizzels

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Nathalie and Fabian skated like a dream. But I find that arrangement of Lara's Theme to be pretty repetitive. Not a lot of dynamics and variations until a perfunctory flourish to close. As a result, the program is slightly flat (unlike Nathalie, kekeke). I still enjoyed it though.

Medalist
    Great to see Tessa/Scott in first but it's too close for my taste. Both Davis/White and the Shibutanis were overscored. I really loved Ilinykh/Katsalapov, they are so hot together. Cappellini/Lanotte, Weaver/Poje, Bobrova/Soloviev were also great. Pechalat/Bourzat were a bit disappointing today but I'm glad they're in third. Did not care for any of the Americans short dances. I hope the free dances are better and they actually deserve their inflated scores next time. The rules need to be changed so that there's a maximum of one official from each country. Two officials from the U.S. and Japan each skewed the results today.

Custom Title
    Both american couples were over scored. The olympic champions should have at least 5 points lead going into the free. The french were better than the americans today

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast