Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: ICE DANCE - Short Dance

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Meryl and Charlie receiving positive GOE's on those twizzles is just absurd.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    W/P should have been in 3rd.
    I agree. I actually would have had I/K behind them, and then the others, but hey, I'm not a judge

As much as I hate to say this, Crone/Poirier were well placed here. Their SD just isn't as good as the ones in the top group here, W/P included.

Nice score for the French, solidly into 3rd. I think the podium is pretty much set here, unless someone self destructs. It'll be interesting to see whether V/M or D/W take the title, especially considering that no one has seen V/M's FD yet. I'm already counting the hours, lol. It'll also be really interesting to see who ends up where in that group just below the top one.

It's amazing to see V/M looking so good after the season that they've had. Tessa truly is a rockstar And I'm SO proud of W/P!! They've been away from worlds for a few years, and its amazing to see how much they've improved. I know they're in 7th, but they're within 5 points of the podium, which is so amazing. Overall, though, I'm most impressed with the quality of the entire top ten. Really, there were a bunch of excellent programs, and almost no mistakes. Amazing. Really, I didn't love the SD concept at the beginning of the season, but it's really coming along now. A great event!

I love watching the Shibs and glad to see the judges liked them today as well.

I must be the rare fan who likes brother/sister teams. The Duchesnays are my all-time favorite team and maybe that is because I don't watch ice dancning for anything more than entertainment.

Just good fun for me to see so many talented teams.

If V/M hold up I expect them to win. My only reason would be their programs are always so much more enjoyable for me to watch.

It looks to me as ift he coaches almost do this intentionally as I always like V/M's programs better and by a wide margin. Aside from that there is not a whole lot of difference I can see in their skating.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    The Shibutanis got the lowest PCS of the top 6. Their superior placement is due to higher level calls, which I don't find incredible. Shpilband is a master at training his teams to milk those levels.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by yunafan1860 View Post
    Judges decided medals and placements today
    Today was just the confirmation.

On the Ice
    Meryl and Charlie receiving positive GOE's on those twizzles is just absurd.
    Yeah, and a high GOE as well..... They did get dropped from a level 4 to a level 3 though.

Custom Title
    Nice. Tessa and Scott got level 4 on eveything but one GW sequence. Really, they were stunning.

I don't really understand why Davis/White got +2 and +3 on the twizzles when they were clearly out of synch, but everything else seems pretty fair. I still wish they would connect with each other a little more.

Great levels for W/P, same as the ones V/M got. Although I think they were underscored, it's nice to see them getting credit for what they're doing out on the ice. I hope they have a killer FD and move into the top 5.

Any links to V/M, D/W and Shibs skates?

Custom Title
    The Shibs are totally objectionable. The horrible fake smiles and cutesy performing for our parents routines are so fake! They are just ewww all around. They do get their technical levels so they are good their but their programs are the worst!! Total overhaul is needed on that front. Eww.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    The Shibs are totally objectionable. The horrible fake smiles and cutesy performing for our parents routines are so fake! They are just ewww all around. They do get their technical levels so they are good their but their programs are the worst!! Total overhaul is needed on that front. Eww.
    That's precisely my problem with this team. I don't expect sizzle from a brother/sister team but something along the lines of Kerr/Kerr would be better than this saccharine cutesiness, I was bored to tears.

Custom Title
    Eurosport guys thought the Shibs and Davis/White were overscored(they did like the Shibs though).They thought W/P deserved more than they got(I agree). They loved the Tessa and Scott, they liked both russian couples even though they disliked the first portion of Elena/Nikita SD, they also liked the French and the Italian couple. Overall I do agree with them I am 100% sure that Davis/White will win worlds tomorrow unless they make mistakes judging by their scores today

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Eurosport guys thought the Shibs and Davis/White were overscored(they did like the Shibs though).They thought W/P deserved more than they got(I agree). They loved the Tessa and Scott, they liked both russian couples even though they disliked the first portion of Elena/Nikita SD, they also liked the French and the Italian couple. Overall I do agree with them I am 100% sure that Davis/White will win worlds tomorrow unless they make mistakes judging by their scores today
    Do you know who the commentators are?

Rinkside
    I know what I say is going to be taken as heresy, but I had the opposite reaction to V/M. I thought they looked slow and sluggish and should be BEHIND D/W. They are ultra-smooth skaters with nice lines, to be sure, but I don't agree that their performance was the best of the night. I think the judges were overly generous in their marks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    Any links to V/M, D/W and Shibs skates?
    V/M's skate is up on the CBC website, but I'm not sure if it can be viewed outside of Canada

I know this is silly, but I realized that if V/M keep it up, Canada will have two world titles here. That's just so amazing. I remember just 5 years ago, us Canadian skating fans used to hope that we would make the podium in one event. Now we have the chance to win two world titles in the same year, and we've amassed 8 world medals in the past 3 years. It's incredible what the group of really young, talented skaters (Chan, Virtue & Moir, etc) have done for the sport in this country.

Sorry, I'll stop my overly patriotic gushing now

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast