Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: ICE DANCE - Short Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    Do you know who the commentators are?
    I believe they are Chris Howarth and Nicky Slater but I'm not 100% sure(there's also Simon Reed but I don't believe he was doing commentary tonight)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    The Shibutanis got the lowest PCS of the top 6. Their superior placement is due to higher level calls, which I don't find incredible. Shpilband is a master at training his teams to milk those levels.
    I agree. Their technical scores and levels have been very high all season long. I don't find it surprising that they scored well here.

Custom Title
    V/M were absolutely brilliant, they fully deserved their marks. I thought they might turn up to Worlds a bit rusty and out of shape but no danger of that, they were head and shoulders above the competition today. D/W were totally overmarked there was no way that deserved more than 70, they should be 3rd at best. Found their performance flat, twizzles out of sync, music to big for them and they seem disconnected from each other. P/B put in a great performance, they should be on the podoum now.

Shibs were overmarked, I would have them behind the Italians, down in 8th place. Found the performance a little juniorish and forced, they have a very strong free they could hold on to fourth which would be a fantastic performance. B/S were undermarked imo, I really like the drama of this performance, I would have had them much closer to the top 3. I/K were really impressive, I lover the power, speed and dynamism of this couple. They are a good looking couple who just demand your attention. Enjoyed W/P and C/L, very impressed that the Italians could come back after a pretty disastrous season so far.

The times are a changing in Ice dance, as things stand 6 of the Top 10 are North Americians, all though all do have European (mainly Russian) coaches. Come on Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by smia View Post
    That's precisely my problem with this team. I don't expect sizzle from a brother/sister team but something along the lines of Kerr/Kerr would be better than this saccharine cutesiness, I was bored to tears.
    Ha, the Shibs, young as they are have made an impression on the judges today. Let the trash talk begin as that only reinforces the arrival of this entertaining team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I believe they are Chris Howarth and Nicky Slater but I'm not 100% sure(there's also Simon Reed but I don't believe he was doing commentary tonight)
    Simon Reed was commentating tonight. Normally Chris and Nicky do Europeans as Simon as in Australia covering the Aussie open but come the worlds it is him and Chris. I really like the Eurosport commentary teams for most sports.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by keasus View Post
    I know what I say is going to be taken as heresy, but I had the opposite reaction to V/M. I thought they looked slow and sluggish and should be BEHIND D/W. They are ultra-smooth skaters with nice lines, to be sure, but I don't agree that their performance was the best of the night. I think the judges were overly generous in their marks.
    What?! I find them fast, precise, and totally connected silmultaneously, yet elegant and mesmerizing while achieving such athletic feat. Exquisite. D/W's program didn't stand out for me. I don't remember much of it. In anything, my major impression is that they didn't bring another dazzling innovative lift.

Not degrading D/W, one of the foremost ice dance teams of today and worthy rival to V/M. Just my experience today.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    Ha, the Shibs, young as they are have made an impression on the judges today. Let the trash talk begin as that only reinforces the arrival of this entertaining team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    Simon Reed was commentating tonight. Normally Chris and Nicky do Europeans as Simon as in Australia covering the Aussie open but come the worlds it is him and Chris. I really like the Eurosport commentary teams for most sports.
    Ok than, thanks I love Eurosport commentary too(and I also agree with what you said about today's SD)

Custom Title
    Could you tell me who are the two US judges?

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    What?! I find them fast, precise, and totally connected silmultaneously, yet elegant and mesmerizing while achieving such athletic feat. Exquisite. D/W's program didn't stand out for me. I don't remember much of it. In anything, my major impression is that they didn't bring another dazzling innovative lift.

Not degrading D/W, one of the foremost ice dance teams of today and worthy rival to V/M. Just my experience today.
    Here we go, and since it doesn't happen very often I must totally agree with you. I love watching Tessa and Scott skate together and find them to be all you said and more.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they mark the hometown russians!!!! Will one of them be put in medal contention?
    They haven't. Russia got enough of a gift in men

Custom Title
    Geez....I rarely hear Americans being overmarked, especially since I used to read so much about "how Meryl and Charile were robbed of a medal in 2009," and/or "how the Shibs should have won a medal the last year but they didn't," etc.

Judges are humans. And enthusiastic fans inevitably complain about unfairness of scores for the skaters they are rooting for. But it is what it is.

If you ask me, it's refreshing to read posters complaining about the American being overmarked....hey, it's about time

P.S.: Go, Meryl, Charlie, and the Shibs.
    Last edited by CARA; 04-29-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    S/S were ahead on both TES and PCS. Very odd indeed..especially given their trouble with the twizzles.
    No trouble with twizzles for Shibs. They got mostly +3s in the GOEs and the highest score of the entire field for their twizzles.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Could you tell me who are the two US judges?
    Only one US "judge" - Sharon Rogers. Linda Leaver is Technical Controller.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Only one US "judge" - Sharon Rogers. Linda Leaver is Technical Controller.
    So then why are some posters talking about 2 US judges??

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast