Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How would you have scored/ranked the MEN at Worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    No, no, no, you are so mistaken! Gachinsky and Plushenko are distinctly different: Plushenko holds up his "number one" finger after his jumps. Gachinsky raises his arms after his.
    Good retort, and that's about the difference. But in Plushy's last skate, he did attempt to use the music for dance more than for posing. I didn't see anything in Gachinsky's skate other than Jumps.

Custom Title
    No, no, no, you are so mistaken! Gachinsky and Plushenko are distinctly different: Plushenko holds up his "number one" finger after his jumps. Gachinsky raises his arms after his.
    Gachinsky also likes making a O-shape with his mouth, while Plushy will run his fingers down those smoochy lips.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    One thing I did like about Gachinski's program is that he attempted to use the "Choreography Step Sequence" as it really should be used - fast across the ice, to the music, in a clear line. A lot of the other Men clearly did not get the memo about this element and still executed it as if they needed to flail about to gain a Level.

^^^^
    We'll differ on this BP. First I do not want to see facial odditities on the skater, unless it is part of the routine. To suddenly show anger, I get the feeling that the skater is hating figure skating. The anger should have a reason.

The straightline step sequence is a bore with its choppy showing of basic turns and the maddening arms are a hoot. What do those arms show?

A more serpentine pattern of steps would force the skater to show both sides of his basic turns including loops and twizzles. It would also enhance the choreography.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    hoho yes it gives + 3Goe lately if you stay on your feet, thats why...
    Unless you are implying Plu has zero skating skills.

Kozuka was the highlight of all Championship, since he came on the scene he was so much deserving of a medal that he finally took.Speaking about heart, this was a heart skate
    I also was surprised pleasantly of Dornbush and enjoyed his lp very much.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that every skater in the top 10 was correctly placed?
    Joubert, Oda, Kozuka and Taka are my personal favorites. I would love to see them all on the podium. Guess what? There are only 3 medals. So we just have to deal with it. Chan was correctly awarded with the gold medal.
    Kozuka was correctly awarded with the silver medal
    Artur was correctly awarded with the bronze medal.
    We can feel that some skaters have more potential than others but if they don't deliver when it matters than there's not really anything to whine about.
    No you are not. I agree with the top ten placements.

^^^
    I've come down hard on Gachinsky and I have not been fair after reading so many favorable posts of him. However, I do not like much about him except he lands the high level jumps and maybe that's enough to give him the Bronze medal. If someone could look at the protocols and see how he was judged other than on his jumps, I'll agree with you as a case for the CoP.

^i like a lot his lp from two years ago when he was at juniors. And in Junior Worlds last year he was a crwod favorite.
    I think the men who were better skaters and much more experienced at Worlds than Gatsinsky blew it, nobody deserved this bronze the way they skated, maybe Arthur should have his chance to find his identity, he has been hyped since he was ten as the next big thing, he is only 17 , he was the only one to represent russia in men and he skated in home ice and skated better than many big names there.

Custom Title
    Chan deserved to win and Kozuka to be second, in my opinion. The third place is difficult... Although Gachinski jumped well, his programme was lacking in so many other areas compared to some other skaters. It is unfortunate that he was given the bonze because now I don´t see his coach making any improvements regarding his programmes/skating. I would rather have Oda or Brezina as bronze medalist.

Anyway, in the fall it will be interesting to see how Gachinski fares in PCS outside Russia, hopefully the scores will be more realistic!!!
    Last edited by Jaana; 05-03-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    I'd want to thank seniorita and others who found words to pay tribute to the boy. He really was under great pressure being assigned Chip and Dale in one person after last year's fiasсo of our sportsmen. He is too young, he is still learning but this was not taken into account. After dozens of interviews with stupid questions, after constant attaсks from insolent fans who demanded him to get tikets for them, and at the end watching mad crowd on the stadium I was sure he fails entirely. But he skated the best skate of his life. I don't know where the kid found nerves to get through it but I believe he worth some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Anyway, in the fall it will be interesting to see how Gachinski fares in PCS outside Russia, hopefully the scores will be more realistic!!!
    ^ by your saying is like asking what kind of marks did Lysacek get outside USa after wolrds 2009 in LA, and I would say pretty good marks, + 10 boost in pcs, much realistic.

Arthur pcs in sp from Euros in Bern (outside Russia) are almost the same, 34.76 to 35.89,the difference was in Lp from 72 to 77.86 which is the home overscore of course plus he skated much better than euros.
    Last edited by seniorita; 05-03-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ^ by your saying is like asking what kind of marks did Lysacek get outside USa after wolrds 2009 in LA, and I would say pretty good marks, + 10 boost in pcs, much realistic.

Arthur pcs in sp from Euros in Bern (outside Russia) are almost the same, 34.76 to 35.89,the difference was in Lp from 72 to 77.86 which is the home overscore of course plus he skated much better than euros.
    If Artur had Lori Nichol as his choreographer his marks would have been higher. Imagine how Flatt gets level 4's for her slow, mediocre skating

Mishin needs to get with the system which is as political now as when he and Tat were calling the shots. Only difference is that Nichol and Wilson are telling the judges how to mark now.

What a silly sport.

BTW, I like this 17 year old Russian skater. With the right CoP politics behind him he will go far.

^^^
    I agree, politically he will go far even winning the Olys, but do I have to like him politically? well, perhaps I can say ok to that, but in personal taste, it's NO.

I dont mean you Joe but since Russia took this Wolrds I read about ten posters per day about Russian politiking, I didn read it in Vancouver2010 about Canada neither Japan about Worlds, suddently Russian skaters will win with the right boost while the rest deserve what they get, I guess I have to get used to reading it till Sochi (or not), still I find it insults my intelligence and it puts me off to continue discussions and this is not just me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I dont mean you Joe but since Russia took this Wolrds I read about ten posters per day about Russian politiking, I didn read it in Vancouver2010 about Canada neither Japan about Worlds, suddently Russian skaters will win with the right boost while the rest deserve what they get, I guess I have to get used to reading it till Sochi (or not), still I find it insults my intelligence and it puts me off to continue discussions and this is not just me.
    Geez seniorita, don't you know...it's only politicking when the EVIL CORRUPT EUROS do it.

Anyways, on a sadder note, we clearly did not sacrifice enough small animals for Daisuke at Worlds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast