Tatiana Tarasova's husband died | Golden Skate

Tatiana Tarasova's husband died

Morning Glory

On the Ice
My deepest sympathy to her and her family.

Wasn't she at the WC last night and showed us nice smile? I can't get why she was not there tonight, but now I understand why...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh dear.

If her husband had been ill for a while, it was really nice she was able to come to the World Championships to enjoy herself amidst all the difficulties she was going through.

But is it Tarasova or Anatolyevna? :confused:

Yagudinah

Rinkside
Russians have three names.. the second name ( Anatolyevna) refers to their father and is followed by their surname (Tarasova)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
No she doesn't. She was always very close to her mom and sister.
It's absolutely terrible to lose all three in such a short time.
My deepest sympathies to her.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
That man was an amazing pianist. Many of her skaters had skated to him playing classics (most famously, Bestemianova/Bukin's Rhapsody FD).

They also had, what I would call a very modern marriage. They understood one another's devotion to their careers. We can all learn from this. Also, besides being an amazing coach and choreographer, Tarasova is one strong person.

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
I am so sorry to hear this and can only express my deepest sympathies.

Oh dear.

If her husband had been ill for a while, it was really nice she was able to come to the World Championships to enjoy herself amidst all the difficulties she was going through.

But is it Tarasova or Anatolyevna? :confused:

I've noticed that the traditional way to address or refer to someone with respect in Russia is to use the first and middle (patronymic) name rather than Mr. or Mrs. In Gordeyeva's book My Sergei , she uses that style from time to time. (The sportswriter who collaborated with Gordeyeva on the book actually read Russian novels in translation so as to absorb Russian patterns of writing and speaking, so he would do justice to Katia's account.)

It's dreadful to hear that Tarasova has suffered yet another loss. It reminds me of when Vanessa Redgrave lost her daughter, her sister, and her brother in a short space of time. Though one doesn't know these people personally, they feel familiar because one admires their work; or at least I do. When I see them do interviews or whatever, I wonder how they can stand up straight, let alone go about their day.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Olympia, that's how one addresses their elders in Russia - for instance, that's how students address their teachers. I, for example, use first-and-patronymic when addressing my mother in law.

lcd

Match Penalty
I have heard his recordings, and recall fondly that B&B performed to his beautiful artistry. TT is truly a mighty woman with so much to admire. Am so sorry for her loss.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I just now found out. I'm so deeply, deeply sorry for this great lady's loss. Words fail me.

Tatiana Anatolyevna, please accept my sincere condolences. It is so hard to survive the ones you love the most. God bless you.